Author Topic: Trump says he’s the ‘Modern Day Nelson Mandela’ because of Manhattan judge’s gag order  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So the voters won’t mind inflation under a second Trump term?

Trump has no realistic plans to deal with inflation. For example, he claimed we would drill oil to pay for SS. He wouldn’t get near enough money from oil to even make any kind of a dent. Let’s say there was a glut of oil on the market. The price would drop and you would lose money on that to pay for Social Security.

Donald Trump throws a lot of proposals out that don’t survive scrutiny but not that his supporters care

Do you really think that the price of oil only affects oil?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Absolute BS! Trump unleashed energy production in this country and THAT reduced the price of everything even with all the spending. Biden undid all of that and prices skyrocketed.

Nope

You didn’t see the resulting inflation with the trillions of dollars printed during COVID because the economy was shut down

What happened with the stimulus was predicted by conservatives once the economy opened up

And on spending, I checked my claim and so far, both Trump and Biden are on path to add the same amount in their 4 years so I withdraw my claim as Trump being worse
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 03:41:58 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nope

You didn’t see the resulting inflation with the trillions of dollars printed during COVID because the economy was shut down

What happened with the stimulus was predicted by conservatives once the economy opened up

Did you learn economics at the Patrice Lumumba School at Moscow University?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Did you learn economics at the Patrice Lumumba School at Moscow University?

Nope

Many of us were warning about the inflation risks during the shutdown and it appears we were right
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Do you really think that the price of oil only affects oil?

Nope

But you’re not paying down the debt or funding SS with oil.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Thanks. The visual helps to explain why I'm being crushed. I'd love to see the full spectrum of the inflationary prices we've been hit with. Gas. Insurance. Electricity. Home repairs. Car repairs. Etc. It's terrifying to be a senior on a modest fixed income under this administration. Sometimes when I let myself think about it, it's hard to take a deep breath.

BTW, who/what is GROK?

Sorry @AllThatJazzZ I got sidetracked.

I assumed that GROK was an acronym for some Grocery Retailers association, but I really don't know.  And the price of energy affects the price of EVERYTHING.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 03:46:06 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Wait! I think I'm catching on. You're part of a false flag operation dreamed up by the likes of a James Carville type. There are many leftists hatching all kinds of nefarious talking points, and it seems like we're being treated to such a deception right here. Why else would we hear zero about the evil doings of the Democrats? Hmmmm.... Rather it's a constant drumbeat of Trump, Trump, Trump. Again I say hmmmm...  *hmmmm*

Name the false talking points? Every criticism of Trump is made from a conservative position. It’s from the same reasons I won’t vote for Biden

That seems to upset some.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Sorry @AllThatJazzZ I got sidetracked.

I assumed that GROK was an acronym for some Grocery Retailers association, but I really don't know.  And the price of energy affects the price of EVERYTHING.

So does reckless fiscal and monetary policy

And that’s more enduring. Oil prices go up and down

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nope

Many of us were warning about the inflation risks during the shutdown and it appears we were right

Were you warning about inflation when Biden (read Obama) purposefully caused energy prices to skyrocket? I sure was!

BTW: Oil doesn't pay for Social Security! Tax revenues do.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot
@LMAO
@roamer_1

A wise decision, DC. Why anyone would want to ride that merry-go-round to nowhere is beyond me.  :shrug: It's such an unfruitful use of your time.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So does reckless fiscal and monetary policy

Funny how some only notice that when they can use Trump in a sentence.

And that’s more enduring. Oil prices go up and down

Energy prices go up and down because our energy policies are STUPID and ever changing! No other reason than that.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 05:24:00 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Were you warning about inflation when Biden (read Obama) purposefully caused energy prices to skyrocket? I sure was!

BTW: Oil doesn't pay for Social Security! Tax revenues do.

We also knew that Biden’s claim of transitory inflation was BS, also

And government doesn’t raise enough tax revenues to cover spending. And gas and oil revenues won’t cover SS
https://www.crfb.org/blogs/can-social-security-be-saved-selling-americas-oil-gas-reserves

« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 03:57:51 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Funny how some only notice that when they can use Trump in a sentence.

You’re joking, right?

Many of us backed the TEA Party because of the bailouts and spending from both GWB and Obama

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

And government doesn’t raise enough tax revenues to cover spending. And gas and oil revenues won’t cover SS
https://www.crfb.org/blogs/can-social-security-be-saved-selling-americas-oil-gas-reserves

Did tax revenue go up or down under Trump?

How about Biden?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

:yowsa:

That's right. And NO ONE here has EVER heard me advocating for more govt. spending EVER regardless of who's doing it. I do, however, have some understanding of the realities of political life in this country today.  We have FAR too many addicted to government spending. Both voters and politicians.

The federal government, and most state governments as well, are FAR out of control in every dynamic.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 04:12:09 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

Did tax revenue go up or down under Trump?

How about Biden?

Here you go

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/government-revenue/

. In 2022, the U.S. government collected the highest total revenue in its history.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Here you go

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/government-revenue/

. In 2022, the U.S. government collected the highest total revenue in its history.

Do tax revenues lead or lag changes in energy policy?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

:yowsa:

That's right. And NO ONE here has EVER heard me advocating for more govt. spending EVER regardless of who's doing it. I do, however, have some understanding of the realities of political life in this country today.  We have FAR too many addicted to government spending. Both voters and politicians.

The federal government, and most state governments as well, are FAR out of control in every dynamic.

I’m not implying that you support more spending and more federal government empowerment

But at some point, these issues have to matter. If they mattered when Obama got elected, the urgency has only gotten worse

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I’m not implying that you support more spending and more federal government empowerment

But at some point, these issues have to matter. If they mattered when Obama got elected, the urgency has only gotten worse

Again, I agree! I try to assign blame where it lies rather than to any single individual.

Make me King for one month and I'll fix it so long as what I do in that period cannot be undone for five years.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Make me King for one month and I'll fix it so long as what I do in that period cannot be undone for five years. [/size]

Make it ten years and you’ll have my vote for king of the month wink777

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Make it ten years and you’ll have my vote for king of the month wink777

After five years I doubt that any proposed changes would be very popular.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I simply do not understand your angst over a bible endorsement --- especially for one that has been around for a while and includes the fundamentals of our American Republic.  Young voters are moving toward Trump big time.  Imagine if he ends up pointing even a few hundred of them to their first bibles and the Constitution.   Feels like a good to me.

But, we can't have this, because you hate the man.

To accuse me of spreading hate is quite low and despicable, even for you @Right_in_Virginia

You just can't help yourself @libertybele

« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 05:24:43 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Hoodat

And here’s were it ends up when a Trumper is losing the debate

What once were vices are now habits.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Absolute BS! Trump unleashed energy production in this country and THAT reduced the price of everything even with all the spending.

@Bigun

Here is the CPI for the sixteen quarters Trump was in office.  All show annual rates.  Only two of the 16 showed deflation.  And both times, it was wiped out in the following quarter:

QuarterChange
2017-Q1  + 0.69
2017-Q2  + 0.11
2017-Q3  + 0.77
2017-Q4  + 0.49
2018-Q1  + 1.08
2018-Q2  + 0.58
2018-Q3  + 0.35
2018-Q4   (0.46)
2019-Q1  + 1.52
2019-Q2  + 0.40
2019-Q3  + 0.30
2019-Q4  + 0.24
2017-Q1   (0.61)
2017-Q2  + 1.06
2017-Q3  + 0.50
2017-Q4  + 0.46
4 years  + 7.72

So where is the evidence of Trump reducing the price of everything?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-