Author Topic: Geoengineering Test Quietly Launches Salt Crystals into Atmosphere  (Read 386 times)

Offline mountaineer

April 4, 2024
Geoengineering Test Quietly Launches Salt Crystals into Atmosphere
A solar geoengineering experiment in San Francisco could lead to brighter clouds that reflect sunlight. The risks are numerous
By Corbin Hiar & E&E News
Scientific American
CLIMATEWIRE | The nation's first outdoor test to limit global warming by increasing cloud cover launched Tuesday from the deck of a decommissioned aircraft carrier in the San Francisco Bay.

The experiment, which organizers didn't widely announce to avoid public backlash, marks the acceleration of a contentious field of research known as solar radiation modification. The concept involves shooting substances such as aerosols into the sky to reflect sunlight away from the Earth.

The move led by researchers at the University of Washington has renewed questions about how to effectively and ethically study promising climate technologies that could also harm communities and ecosystems in unexpected ways. The experiment is spraying microscopic salt particles into the air, and the secrecy surrounding its timing caught even some experts off guard.

"Since this experiment was kept under wraps until the test started, we are eager to see how public engagement is being planned and who will be involved," said Shuchi Talati, the executive director of the Alliance for Just Deliberation on Solar Geoengineering, a nonprofit that seeks to include developing countries in decisions about solar modification, also known as geoengineering.

"While it complies with all current regulatory requirements, there is a clear need to reexamine what a strong regulatory framework must look like in a world where [solar radiation modification] experimentation is happening," she added. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Geoengineering Test Quietly Launches Salt Crystals into Atmosphere
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 07:20:14 pm »
@amuse
@amuse
GLOBAL WARMING: Woke scientists in San Francisco began secretly spraying aerosolized sodium chloride into the atmosphere in an effort to reduce global warming. The Biden regime approved the weather modification plan that will continue through May.
2:53 PM · Apr 6, 2024

@amuse
@amuse
GLOBAL WARMING: Efforts similar to the San Francisco weather modification plan by Harvard scientists to modify the weather in Sweden were cancelled after concerns were raised by fans of the program Snowpiercer.
2:55 PM · Apr 6, 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 07:20:52 pm »
Here's some public engagement for you.   :MiniGun:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2024, 08:34:52 pm »
CLIMATEWIRE | The nation's first outdoor test to limit global warming by increasing cloud cover launched Tuesday from the deck of a decommissioned aircraft carrier in the San Francisco Bay.

The experiment, which organizers didn't widely announce to avoid public backlash, marks the acceleration of a contentious field of research known as solar radiation modification. The concept involves shooting substances such as aerosols into the sky to reflect sunlight away from the Earth.

Whoa, wait just a minute here.  What does sunlight have to do with anything?  I thought CO2 caused global warming, not sunlight.  I wish these leftists would make up their minds.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 02:31:17 am »
All I can say is infusing your atmosphere with salt will have an effect on the longevity of all metal structures, equipment and devices. I see it in vehicles from coastal areas and places where salt is used on the roads. All eaten up by corrosion in short order. That salt will gt scrubbed by precipitation, also, which means freshwater watersheds will increase in salinity, no matter how little, and that just can't be good for the biota there.

But unintended consequences are the hallmark of Leftist nonsense.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2024, 12:14:37 pm »
Yeah. Acid rain is bad, but saltwater rain is okay.
We're living in Bizarro World.