Author Topic: US braces for retaliation after attack on Iran consulate  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US braces for retaliation after attack on Iran consulate
« on: April 06, 2024, 01:48:48 pm »
US braces for retaliation after attack on Iran consulate
By Ellen Knickmeyer, The Associated Press and Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press
 Apr 5, 09:56 AM

Shortly after an airstrike widely attributed to Israel destroyed an Iranian consulate building in Syria, the United States had an urgent message for Iran: We had nothing to do with it.

But that may not be enough for the U.S. to avoid retaliation targeting its forces in the region. A top U.S. commander warned on Wednesday of danger to American troops.

And if Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s recent broadening of targeted strikes on adversaries around the region — to include Iranian security operatives and leaders — deepens regional hostilities, analysts say, it’s not clear the United States can avoid being pulled into deeper regional conflict as well.

The Biden administration insists it had no advance knowledge of the airstrike Monday. But the United States is closely tied to Israel’s military regardless. The U.S. remains Israel’s indispensable ally and unstinting supplier of weapons, responsible for some 70% of Israeli weapon imports and an estimated 15% of Israel’s defense budget. That includes providing the kind of advanced aircraft and munitions that appear to have been employed in the attack.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/04/05/us-braces-for-retaliation-after-attack-on-iran-consulate/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

Re: US braces for retaliation after attack on Iran consulate
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 02:09:09 pm »
What kind of weak-ass crap is this?  America "braces for retaliation"?  What in the hell has happened to us?  Here is the headline we should be reading:

America Prepares for Strike on Tehran If Iran Chooses to Escalate
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-