Author Topic: Ukraine military chief’s chilling warning to the West about Russia’s threat  (Read 444 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ukraine military chief’s chilling warning to the West about Russia’s threat

Tom Watling
Sat, 6 April 2024 at 6:49 am GMT
Russia is ready to “swallow” Europe whole, a top Ukrainian commander has warned - less than two months after he led a costly evacuation from a key city on the eastern frontline.

Speaking to The Independent from an undisclosed location in Donetsk, deputy commander of Ukraine’s 3rd Assault Brigade, Maksym Zhorin, issued a troubling warning to Kyiv’s Western partners.

The West, he said, must urgently prepare. “Create serious defence systems that could counteract Russia because it will undoubtedly open its mouth and try to swallow the rest of Europe,” he warned.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prepare-own-war-top-ukrainian-065312228.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Putin's moves are not dissimilar to those of Nazi Germany, a fact France and Germany should spot quite easily.  Though the leaders of Europe saw the danger of Hitler, they thought appeasing him would avert a war.  They were wrong then, and it looks as if they may have an opportunity to prove they learned nothing.  Just look how all of Europe has become antisemitic as well as the liberals in the US.  The start is already there and in Russia.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 01:33:54 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Ukrainians are Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, Nazis, ...

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

In the real world, Ukraine derailed Putin's project of reconquering parts of the former Soviet/Czarist Empire. Ukraine was supposed to fall by summer 2022, with moderate Russian losses. Now, even if Ukraine does fall or give up the further territory Russia conquered, losses of men, tanks, and planes mean Russia will have to rebuild its armed forces. The Bear is still hungry, so the Bear will rebuild.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 04:14:20 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This smacks of desperation on the part of the Ukrainian commander. But if he is right, then the Europeans need to prepare for war. The USA should not be their first line of defense, but their last. They have socialized their countries, avoided the tough trade-offs between guns and butter, and instead relied on our guns while they voted themselves butter. To add insult to injury, they then imposed restrictive trade tariffs against us, basically organizing the EU to wage economic war even as we put Americans in harm's way to defend them from the evil bear.

It is time for Europe to figure out there is no such thing as a free lunch. Hopefully, Ukraine will be a wake up call that (as Rush Limbaugh used to like to say) "ours is a world governed by the use of force."