Author Topic: CAMARILLO: LACK OF FUNDING HAS ‘DEVASTATING’ IMPACT  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CAMARILLO: LACK OF FUNDING HAS ‘DEVASTATING’ IMPACT
« on: April 06, 2024, 01:15:58 pm »
CAMARILLO: LACK OF FUNDING HAS ‘DEVASTATING’ IMPACT
Army Undersecretary Gabe Camarillo speaks at AUSA

Wed, 04/03/2024 - 14:00

The Army faces “devastating” effects if the $95 billion supplemental spending bill pending before Congress isn’t passed, Army Undersecretary Gabe Camarillo said.

Speaking April 3 at a breakfast hosted by the Association of the U.S. Army as part of its Coffee Series, Camarillo explained that since the Oct. 1 start of fiscal year 2024, the Army has been paying for operations including support for NATO missions and deployments that previously had been paid for with supplemental funding.

“We have been cash-flowing a lot of those costs with our own internal Army funding,” Camarillo said, adding that the amount of cash outlay so far is about $800 million. “We need that supplemental to reimburse us, because that’s essentially operations funds that we cannot use for other things like exercises that we had planned in Europe and the Pacific.”

https://www.ausa.org/news/camarillo-lack-funding-has-devastating-impact
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: CAMARILLO: LACK OF FUNDING HAS ‘DEVASTATING’ IMPACT
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 01:22:35 pm »
The whiner obviously is trouble for this administration.  He thinks Americans should be the primary defense initiative when the welfare for illegal "newcomers" is much higher.  How can the military be well supplied when there are millions of illegals have to be fed, housed, provided medical care, get spending money, and provide for ALL their needs?  The US is just going to have to suffer a piss poor military to take care all of its new welfare takers.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson