Author Topic: ERO Salt Lake City arrests 9 noncitizens with drug-related convictions during nationwide law enforce  (Read 185 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
APRIL 2, 2024SALT LAKE CITY, UTNARCOTICS, ENFORCEMENT AND REMOVAL
ERO Salt Lake City arrests 9 noncitizens with drug-related convictions during nationwide law enforcement effort

SALT LAKE CITY — Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) officers in the Salt Lake City area of operations covering Utah, Nevada, Montana and Idaho apprehended nine unlawfully present noncitizens who have been convicted of drug trafficking or multiple drug possession-related offenses involving methamphetamine, fentanyl, cocaine, heroin or synthetic drugs during a nationwide law enforcement effort that ran from March 11 through March 26.

“Drugs bring crime to our communities and the last two weeks our officers focused on taking the more egregious criminals off the streets, and now the United States, to keep our communities safe,” said ERO Salt Lake City Field Office Director Michael Bernacke. “Don’t distribute drugs here, you will be caught, arrested and removed.”

"With more than 105,000 drug overdoses reported throughout the United States last year, the trafficking and proliferation of dangerous illegal drugs has shown its devastating impacts throughout our neighborhoods and schools," said ERO Deputy Executive Associate Director Russ Hott. "Enforcement and Removal Operations personnel will continue to fight for the safety of our communities through the arrest and removal of those individuals who traffic drugs and exacerbate this terrible crisis."

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ero-salt-lake-city-arrests-9-noncitizens-drug-related-convictions-during-nationwide
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson