Author Topic: Northern Border Sees 114% Increase in Illegal Alien Encounters in First Four Months of FY 2024  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Northern Border Sees 114% Increase in Illegal Alien Encounters in First Four Months of FY 2024
April 01, 2024

Joey Chester

Much focus has been on illegal border crossings at the U.S. southern border with Mexico, which has seen record numbers since President Joe Biden took office. But officials are sounding the alarm about what’s happening at the northern border.

The Swanton, Vermont, sector is by far the busiest on the northern U.S. border with Canada. It covers New Hampshire and Vermont, plus five counties in eastern New York.

Fiscal year 2023 saw Swanton Sector agents arrest around 7,000 people trying to cross the border illegally. To put it in perspective, that is more than the previous 12 years combined.

Looking at the northern border in its entirety, the Border Patrol apprehended 4,772 people between ports of entry through the first four months of fiscal year 2024. That’s up from 2,229 apprehensions in the first four months of fiscal year 2023, a 114% increase.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2024/04/01/northern-border-sees-114-increase-illegal-alien-encounters-first-four-months-fy
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson