Author Topic: ABC host shocked at visual demonstration of grocery price hikes over last four years: 'Wow'  (Read 990 times)

Online libertybele

??? I think these stats are relatively low.  At least around here food prices have gone up much higher than 21%.  I'd say closer to 35-40%.

ABC host shocked at visual demonstration of grocery price hikes over last four years: 'Wow'

"Good Morning America" sounded the alarm on "sticker shock" at the grocery store on Friday, admitting that shoppers were better off four years ago before significant price hikes.

The ABC morning network program set up two tables to show the contrast between what Americans could purchase for $100 from March 2019-2020 versus March 2023-2024.

Co-host Michael Strahan let out an audible "Wow" when ABC News chief business, technology & economics correspondent Rebecca Jarvis showed him the difference.

"You’re getting about 30% less these days for your money," Jarvis said. "$100 [of groceries] then would now cost you about $130."

Strahan suggested one of the ways Americans could attempt to "turn back time" is by utilizing apps that give cashback or compare prices across stores.

Jarvis also recommended that customers sign up for grocery store loyalty programs and only buy food in bulk if they can be sure they will burn through the purchased items before they go to waste.

"I’m a little surprised by how much you don’t get now that you got just, what, four or five years ago," Strahan said.

"It is such a contrast and that is how people are feeling it," Jarvis replied. "Inflation has come down, that means the prices aren’t going up as fast but it is a big difference from a few years back."

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, grocery prices have risen 21% in the last three years..............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/abc-host-shocked-visual-demonstration-grocery-price-hikes-last-four-years-wow
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

It comes as no shock to those of us who are paying attention.    **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Have these people not been grocery shopping in the last four years?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Perhaps Michael Strahan dines out for every meal.  :shrug:

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

They have staff for menial tasks.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The numbers put out by the government and media are all bogus.

Case in point.  Just the other day, at a grocery chain called Sprouts, their brand of olive oil which we have been buying for 10 years or more.  When Trump was POTUS, it was $8.99 for a bottle.  Now that same size bottle is $18.99.  That is +111% from three years ago and a couple months.

100% increase I would say is the average increase in food items my wife and I buy regularly.

Gasoline:  on election day November, 2020, gas in my area at the station I normally went to for gas was $1.71 per gallon.  That same station tonight was $3.28 per gallon.  That is a 91.8% increase, and yet the media gives numbers in the mid 20s for percent increase.  What poppycock.  Even Fox News gives out these bogus numbers.

For my household, I think it is safe to say everything has increased by 100%+++.  That is more accurate than anything the lying government is claiming, and forget the worthless media, they are all lies.

Energy for our house.  We use natural gas for heat.  In November, 2020, our contract was $0.374 per therm.  It jumped to $1.08 per therm, which we had for two years.  That is a 291.9% increase.   We just signed a new contract for $0.58 per therm.  That is still 55.1% higher, and yet Biden will tell America he is lowering energy cost, when in fact it is still higher than when Trump was POTUS.  The never ending outright lies by the Biden Idiocracy have grown completely old.

Distilled water, by the gallon:  When Trump was POTUS, it was $0.79 per gallon.  3.25 years later, it is $1.69 per gallon, the same product. That is 113.9% increase.

I CANNOT THINK OF A SINGLE THING WE BUY THAT IS BELOW 100% INCREASE.  NOT ONE THING.

Take cars.  I can tell you the same vehicle we bought just a few years ago is just shy of 100% higher than what we paid for the same vehicle.  To be accurate it is about 95% higher than just a few years ago.  And Wrecking Ball Joe would have everyone buy vehicles at a cost of 20%++ over the combustion engine that has almost doubled.  The insanity of these morons is unparalleled.  The taxpayer is subsidizing wealthy people who can afford to buy EV cars by giving them a large chunk in tax savings.  This is just plain wrong.  I bitterly resent subsidizing the wealthy.  PERIOD!!!  And if the the EV industry cannot compete against the combustion engine, it is not going to survive. And the fact that most EVs are leased, and when returned to the dealers, they are gathered up and shipped overseas does nothing for the used car market.  NOTHING!!!  Fact is, if more EVs are sold, the used car market will have fewer cars available, almost all combustion engine cars, and they will have inflating prices worse than what we have seen in the last few years.

More EVs will put a worse strain on an electric grid that is bordering on failure and collapse many days of the year.  Brown out and black outs will be more frequent.  Not a good future, and California has backed itself into a crippling corner with their moronic totalitarian approach to EVs.

And these dumber than a box of rocks fools on TV probably have some servant buy their food, prepare their food, and are utterly clueless about almost everything in life.

:yowsa: :yowsa:

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Bingo... they are elites.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online LMAO

Their butlers and personal chefs don’t inform them about spiking food prices

Their chauffeurs don’t inform them about gas prices

The security guards that guard their gated communities don’t inform them about the crime

Yet, it’s these people’s job to inform us
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

RNC Research
@RNCResearch
Americans are “skipping essentials like meals and medical care to keep a roof over their heads” — as HALF of all homeowners and renters struggle to afford monthly housing payments.

9:32 AM · Apr 6, 2024