Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>It's Coming! April 8, 2024 Total Solar Eclipse: Here's what you need to know -Smarter E  (Read 3755 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
For anyone in the Totality Zone, this should be interesting. I'm not, but I'll prolly observe some of these directions just in case.

Some of the comments of those who experienced other total eclipses were interesting. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNK2LI7VeX4

P.S. Are there any Briefers in the Totality Zone?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 01:17:45 pm by mystery-ak »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online rustynail

Offline berdie

For anyone in the Totality Zone, this should be interesting. I'm not, but I'll prolly observe some of these directions just in case.

Some of the comments of those who experienced other total eclipses were interesting. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNK2LI7VeX4

P.S. Are there any Briefers in the Totality Zone?

I am. BUT...it's supposed to be cloudy and rainy. My small county has been preparing for months. We'll see I guess. I did get some "official" eclipse glasses just in case. I'm not going to town to see if all the predicted crowds materialize. I hope these crowds don't overflow on to my property and leave their trash and body waste. I'm pretty far from town.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I honestly don't get all the hysteria...this is not the first eclipse that has ever occurred in the U.S.

Flashback to 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j3kF2EexDo
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 09:07:58 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Polly Ticks

Louisville isn't in the path of totality, but my husband, youngest son, and I are going to drive up to my aunt's house about 90 minutes away that is in the path.  It'll be a fun little day trip for us and a nice chance to catch up with my aunt if it turns out to be too cloudy to see much.  We'll snack on Sunchips and Moon pies and have a lovely time.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Saw on History Channel that astronomers are befuddled how the dimensions of the moon at distance is exactly the size of the sun at distance. Just by random chance, the moon at distance should be slightly bigger or slightly small than the sun it is obscuring. That is to say, that when the moon eclipses the sun it fits perfectly. The only part of the sun visible during an eclipse is the sun's corona which is the immediate radiated light surrounding the sun.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

I honestly don't get all the hysteria...this is not the first eclipse that has ever occurred in the U.S.
Indeed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Rooms are going for $2,000 here and the weather forecast is for 100% cloud cover.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online the OlLine Rebel

Flashback to 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j3kF2EexDo

We were in Disney World for that one.  I don’t recall it much, though it had been raining a bit just prior.  It did not make an impression on me.

Don’t know what the “coverage” was, but I experienced the May 1994 ona good day here in Maryland.  That was surreal.

Only looked at reflections of the eclipse itself, but the most awesome part was the weird lighting, including the bluish hue to everything.  It was like being in something psychedelic.  THAT was the experience!  Like the periodical cicadas - just surreal.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

"With a common impulse the multitude rose slowly up and stared into the sky. I followed their eyes, as sure as guns, there was my eclipse beginning! The life went boiling through my veins; I was a new man! The rim of black spread slowly into the sun’s disk, my heart beat higher and higher, and still the assemblage and the priest stared into the sky, motionless. I knew that this gaze would be turned upon me, next. When it was, I was ready. I was in one of the most grand attitudes I ever struck, with my arm stretched up pointing to the sun."

“Name any terms, reverend sir, even to the halving of my kingdom; but banish this calamity, spare the sun!"
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

I think we're in the 90% zone, about 140 miles from the total eclipse path (Cleveland OH). Although it probably will be cloudy and I don't intend to go out and look for it, I accepted the free pair of eclipse glasses our local library offered. Now I look like this:  :0012:

Online cato potatoe

It looks like Plattsburgh, NY is going to be clear on Monday afternoon.  I checked and plane tickets are only about $1,200 round trip.   :laugh:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

Louisville isn't in the path of totality, but my husband, youngest son, and I are going to drive up to my aunt's house about 90 minutes away that is in the path.  It'll be a fun little day trip for us and a nice chance to catch up with my aunt if it turns out to be too cloudy to see much.  We'll snack on Sunchips and Moon pies and have a lovely time.

@Polly Ticks

That sounds great! I'm a little jealous. I hope y'all have excellent weather for viewing the eclipse.

Online libertybele

I think we're in the 90% zone, about 140 miles from the total eclipse path (Cleveland OH). Although it probably will be cloudy and I don't intend to go out and look for it, I accepted the free pair of eclipse glasses our local library offered. Now I look like this:  :0012:

:silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

@mountaineer

You're way cooler than Aviator Joe.

Offline mountaineer

You're way cooler than Aviator Joe.
Thank you. I've been singing, "Total eclipse of the heart."

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
post here anything and everything relating to the Solar Eclipse today

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

The Monday, April 8, 2024, total solar eclipse will cross North America, passing over Mexico, the United States, and Canada. The total solar eclipse will begin over the South Pacific Ocean. Weather permitting, the first location in continental North America that will experience totality is Mexico’s Pacific coast at around 11:07 a.m. PDT.

https://science.nasa.gov/eclipses/future-eclipses/eclipse-2024/where-when/

live

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Total solar eclipse of April 8, 2024 over Mexico, the USA, and Canada

https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/april-8-2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Heavy rain, and clouds forecast in SE Texas.  Won't be much to watch.

Still, hearing lots of strange talk going on about problematic events.  Seems almost like Y2K.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online andy58-in-nh

Clear skies expected here in NH - 96% totality where I'm located!
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn