Author Topic: 31 YEARS AFTER BLACK HAWK DOWN, THIS ARMY RANGER RECEIVES HIS SILVER STAR SPECIAL OPERATIONS  (Read 131 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
31 YEARS AFTER BLACK HAWK DOWN, THIS ARMY RANGER RECEIVES HIS SILVER STAR
SPECIAL OPERATIONS
BY HOPE SECK
APRIL 4, 2024

Major Larry Moores Ranger Mogadishu Black Hawk Down
Retired Army Major Larry Moores (second from left) is shown with leaders in front of Gunslinger and pilot from TF 160. (U.S. Army/Courtesy Photo)

Retired Army Major Larry Moores never expected that he’d find the military’s third-highest award for valor wrapped and under his Christmas tree.

Moores had hung up his uniform in 2003. But a decade earlier, while deployed to Mogadishu, Somalia in 1993, he’d led a reaction force through enemy small arms fire in an effort to reinforce and evacuate Rangers trapped by their downed helicopters. In the wake of a bestseller book and blockbuster movie, the world would come to know this battle as Black Hawk Down.

Moores saw 12 hours of heavy combat and assisted in the evacuation of several stranded Rangers. His valor in the operation had previously been recognized in other ways: he was named a distinguished member of the 75th Ranger Regiment in 2005 and inducted into the U.S. Army Ranger Hall of Fame in 2017. Yet, while he’d helped to push through other valor awards for soldiers involved in the rescue effort, he told Sandboxx News he’d lost track of any initiative to give him a medal.

https://www.sandboxx.us/news/31-years-after-black-hawk-down-this-army-ranger-has-his-silver-star/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The DOD didn't waste any time getting medals to all the people who were pulled out of Afghanistan though.  Medals are starting to get as meaningful as the Nobel medals. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson