Author Topic: Mike Gallagher, You Left Us Behind  (Read 140 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mike Gallagher, You Left Us Behind
« on: April 05, 2024, 03:12:49 pm »
Mike Gallagher, You Left Us Behind
By Citizen Soldier
April 05, 2024

Mike Gallagher – former Marine intelligence officer, fresh face of 2016, young idealist with enough honors to fill a trophy case – is quitting his congressional seat April 19.

The high school valedictorian, Princeton undergrad, and Georgetown PhD was elected to the House of Representatives before his thirty-third birthday. His intellect and eloquence made him a leader in the Republican caucus, someone capable of wielding not just votes but ideas to influence policy.

Former Speaker Kevin McCarthy acknowledged Gallagher’s status among his colleagues in January 2023 when McCarthy picked him to chair the newly formed House Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party. Gallagher was a fervent advocate for strengthening our China policy, and his ideas and passion drove the agenda of the 24-member committee.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2024/04/05/mike_gallagher_you_left_us_behind_1023147.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Mike Gallagher, You Left Us Behind
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 03:14:39 pm »
I wonder how much he was paid to quit and who coughed up the money? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson