Author Topic: Tuberculosis outbreak at Chicago migrant shelters sparks urgent contact tracing as officials say a F  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tuberculosis outbreak at Chicago migrant shelters sparks urgent contact tracing as officials say a FIFTH of Latin American arrivals carry the disease

The Chicago Department of Public Health said 'a small number of cases' were reported 'in a few different shelters' around the city.

Health officials confirmed a fifth of Latin American arrivals carry TB, but it usually latent, not contagious, and asymptomatic.

The TB cases come after 55 measles cases were detected in the city, the majority originating from the Pilsen migrant shelter
By ALEXA CIMINO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 14:25 EDT, 4 April 2024 | UPDATED: 15:09 EDT, 4 April 2024

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13272759/tuberculosis-outbreak-chicago-migrant-shelters-urgent-contact-tracing.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Health officials confirmed a fifth of Latin American arrivals carry TB, but it usually latent, not contagious, and asymptomatic.

How do they know this if they haven't been testing for the illnesses?  Anyway, democrats and rinos may get the epidemic they've been so longing for. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson