Author Topic: Judge orders government to 'expeditiously' house migrant children  (Read 143 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Judge orders government to 'expeditiously' house migrant children
The government must place the minors "in facilities that are safe and sanitary," per the order.

By Madeleine Hubbard
Published: April 4, 2024 11:54am

Afederal judge ordered the U.S. government to "expeditiously" house children who illegally enter the country, instead of allowing the children to remain in open-air locations along the border.

The order issued late Wednesday evening by California-based U.S. District Court Judge Dolly Gee was mostly in favor of the attorneys representing the minors in the class-action lawsuit.

The decision established that the Department of Homeland Security had legal custody of the children, who are thus entitled to rights and protections even before being formally processed.

Justice Department attorneys had argued that the children had not been formally apprehended so they were not in Homeland Security's custody, and thus, the agency did not need to provide such protections.

https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/judge-orders-government-expeditiously-house-migrant-children
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 02:37:01 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Judge orders government to 'expeditiously' house migrant children
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 02:38:21 pm »
What does Dolly consider to be the maximum age of a child?  About 40? :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson