Author Topic: Offering free healthcare to illegal immigrants could cost California BILLIONS PER YEAR  (Read 109 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Offering free healthcare to illegal immigrants could cost California BILLIONS PER YEAR

04/04/2024 // Zoey Sky // 370 Views

Recent estimates by state and federal lawmakers have revealed that a law in California providing free healthcare for all illegal immigrants living in California could cost taxpayers as much as $3 billion to $6 billion per year.While free healthcare for illegal immigrants isn't a new concept, the most recent law expands access to include illegals of all ages. Earlier state legislation allowed minors to receive coverage, with subsequent measures including adults up to 25 years old and people who are 50 and older.
It is estimated that at least 700,000 illegals will have access to the new benefits, with estimates varying based on how many people enroll and the number and type of medical services covered.
According to a population study by the nonpartisan group Federation for American Immigration Reform, more than 3.2 million illegal aliens now reside in California, along with their more than 1.1 million children who were born in the United States and are citizens.

https://www.alipac.us/f9/offering-free-healthcare-illegal-immigrants-could-cost-california-billions-per-yea-419310/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson