Author Topic: Biden EPA’s Electric Truck Mandate Is ‘Truly Insane’ – Cost of electric 18 wheeler is ‘two to three  (Read 125 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden EPA’s Electric Truck Mandate Is ‘Truly Insane’ – Cost of electric 18 wheeler is ‘two to three times’ price of diesel rig – ‘Conversion would never take place unless forced by government mandate’
By Marc Morano
April 5, 2024
7:18 am
https://dailycaller.com/2024/04/03/david-blackmon-biden-epas-electric-truck-mandate-is-truly-insane/

By DAVID BLACKMON

In their continuing quest to electrify the U.S. automotive fleet against the clear will of the American people, the zealots in the Biden administration rolled out their new requirements related to heavy trucks on Good Friday. Amazingly, they did it in a way that will make the mandates even more expensive than the trillions of dollars their passenger car mandates will cost the American economy.

That’s quite an accomplishment.

Biden’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is mandating that 60% of urban delivery trucks and 25% of heavy rig sales become electric by 2032. Never mind the overwhelming challenges achieving this goal faces in terms of infrastructure, manufacturing, and supply chains for equipment and critical energy minerals, the dogma of the global church of climate alarmism orders its true believers to “do something,” and this is the something the EPA bureaucrats are choosing to do.

gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=195.0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This will affect the cost of living like the Arab oil boycott did in the late 70s.  But we will be told by Biden it has no effect on the cost of living.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson