Author Topic: Biden’s $140 billion bailout: How Joe is preparing to use student loans as a campaign promise again  (Read 219 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s $140 billion bailout: How Joe is preparing to use student loans as a campaign promise again
By
Jack Birle
April 5, 2024 8:38 am

President Joe Biden is reportedly set to announce another effort to forgive or reduce student loan debts for millions of borrowers as the November election approaches.

Biden is set to announce the new plan in a speech in Wisconsin next week, according to the Wall Street Journal, as part of other ways he has worked to reduce student loans since the Supreme Court struck down a wide-ranging proposal Biden has pushed since the waning months of the 2022 election cycle.

The president will reportedly propose new rules under the Higher Education Act, which will have various categories for debt relief. The rulemaking process would put the timetable for when it could be implemented around the final months of the campaign, but it will likely face legal challenges.

Biden’s administration has announced $144 billion in student loan forgiveness since his original plan was blocked by the Supreme Court, but those efforts are now also facing legal challenges from various Republican state attorneys general.

The focus on student loan forgiveness by the Biden White House comes as polls show the president slipping with key groups, including younger voters, in the rematch against former President Donald Trump.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/2954848/bidens-140-billion-bailout-how-joe-preparing-use-student-loans-campaign-promise-again/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden will again test the limits of student loans to reach younger voters
By
Haisten Willis
April 7, 2024 5:00 am

President Joe Biden is expected to announce a new attempt at mass student loan forgiveness, setting up another battle with Republicans as he looks to woo younger voters in the 2024 election.

It will be his second, and in some respects his third, try to make good on a 2020 campaign promise to cancel student loans, with high political and financial stakes.

“From day one of my administration, I promised to fix broken student loan programs and make sure higher education is a ticket to the middle class, not a barrier to opportunity,” Biden said on March 21. “I won’t back down from using every tool at my disposal to deliver student debt relief to more Americans and build an economy from the middle out and bottom up.”

The range and power of those tools will be fiercely debated between now and Election Day. Biden’s original student loans plan would have written off up to $20,000 in debt per borrower but was ruled illegal by the Supreme Court. He’s since announced another $144 billion in cancellation and a plan to lower future repayments, which is now also the subject of lawsuits.

Whatever Biden rolls out this time will probably wind up in court as well.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/2955215/biden-test-limits-student-loans-younger-voters/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

If you’re a young person drowning in student loans, it’s understandable why they would support Biden and his empty promises

But why is student loan debt more important and more oppressive than mortgage debt? Credit card debt?

Biden knows that not only will Congress not go along with this, but neither will the courts. He can make that an issue. “I tried to forgive your debts, but the mean Courts and Congress stopped me”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

My body, my choice.
My student loan, my responsibility.

There.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org