Author Topic: White House: ‘Difficult to Say’ How Close Israel Is to Being Like Hamas  (Read 433 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: ‘Difficult to Say’ How Close Israel Is to Being Like Hamas

Ian Hanchett 4 Apr 2024

On Thursday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Situation Room,” White House National Security Communications Adviser John Kirby stated that while you can’t equate Israel’s actions to Hamas launching the October 7 attack, “it’s difficult to say” how close Israel is to becoming indistinguishable from Hamas.

Host Wolf Blitzer asked, “You heard Secretary Blinken earlier today, suggest — he warned that there’s a real risk the way Israel is waging its war in Gaza right now is making it indistinguishable from Hamas. How close is Israel to that point?”

Kirby responded, “Well, it’s difficult to say on a scale like that. We have to remember, Hamas — there was a ceasefire in place on the 6th of October. Hamas broke it. Mr. Sinwar chose to start this war. Mr. Sinwar and the Hamas fighters choose to bury themselves under hospitals and civilian infrastructure, use the innocent people of Gaza as human shields. They are increasingly placing innocent Palestinians at greater risk as well. I think we can’t equate what they did on the 7th of October to the kinds of operations that Israel is conducting. That said, and we’ve been clear about this too, it’s not just the right and responsibility of the IDF to go after Hamas, it’s the way they do it that matters, and it’s the way they’ve been doing it in recent weeks and months that [has] caused increasing frustration by us in terms of the civilian casualties, the damage to civilian infrastructure, and now, the potential impact on humanitarian organizations being fearful of moving into Gaza.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/04/white-house-difficult-to-say-how-close-israel-is-to-being-like-hamas/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
White House: ‘Difficult to Say’ How Close Israel Is to Being Like Hamas

Kirby responded, “Well, it’s difficult to say on a scale like that. We have to remember, Hamas — there was a ceasefire in place on the 6th of October. Hamas broke it. Mr. Sinwar chose to start this war. Mr. Sinwar and the Hamas fighters choose to bury themselves under hospitals and civilian infrastructure, use the innocent people of Gaza as human shields. They are increasingly placing innocent Palestinians at greater risk as well. I think we can’t equate what they did on the 7th of October to the kinds of operations that Israel is conducting. That said, and we’ve been clear about this too, it’s not just the right and responsibility of the IDF to go after Hamas, it’s the way they do it that matters, and it’s the way they’ve been doing it in recent weeks and months that [has] caused increasing frustration by us in terms of the civilian casualties, the damage to civilian infrastructure, and now, the potential impact on humanitarian organizations being fearful of moving into Gaza.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/04/white-house-difficult-to-say-how-close-israel-is-to-being-like-hamas/

I'm not a Kirby fan, but damn that is a misleading headline if you read the actual article.   The language in bold contradicts the headline's insinuation that Kirby wouldn't/couldn't distinguish between the two.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 03:47:50 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

So this is a GOOD thing, right? If Israel is becoming like Hamas then shouldn't Blinken pressure Hamas for an 'immediate ceasefire'? If Israel is like Hamas then shouldn't the American Leftist Democrats support and protest in favor of Israel?

I want to see a bridge shut down for Israel (who apparently is now the same as Hamas). If Israel is 'like Hamas' then doesn't that mean that Israel is the designated 'victim'? And Hamas is now the aggressor?

How does Hamas being Hamas make Hamas the good guys, but Israel behaving like Hamas makes Israel the bad guy? The more Israel becomes 'like Hamas', the more the American Left and the American media should LOVE Israel.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

Somewhere between 10 galaxies and 10 separate universes apart.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Iran and Hamas are the aggressors.

Israel's mistake is letting Netanyahu drag out the conflict so he can stay in power and avoid criminal prosecution for corruption.

Invade / infiltrate Rafa already, and get it over with.

Netanyahu needs to go because he is incompetent on security matters.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Israeli soldiers do not make it a practice to rape, torture, mutilate and slaughter women and children in Gaza. Maybe Kirby should watch the videos from Oct. 7, 2023.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Israeli soldiers do not make it a practice to rape, torture, mutilate and slaughter women and children in Gaza. Maybe Kirby should watch the videos from Oct. 7, 2023.

I'm just going to point out again that Kirby did not equate their actions.  In fact, he expressly did the opposite.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Six million degrees of separation...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I want the entire GAZA strip destroyed...but that's just me.  :bolt:

If you kill them, they can never hurt you again.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald