Author Topic: Another Scorcher: 303,000 Jobs Added To U.S. Economy in March  (Read 939 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Another Scorcher: 303,000 Jobs Added To U.S. Economy in March

John Carney 5 Apr 2024

Employers in the United States added 303,000 workers to their payrolls in March, the Department of Labor said Friday.

The unemployment rate ticked down to 3.8 percent from 3.9 percent in the prior month.

Economists had forecast payrolls would grow by 200,000 and the unemployment rate would hold steady at the prior month’s 3.9 percent.

Last month, the government reported that the economy added 275,000 jobs in February, beating expectations by around 75,000, and 229,000 in January.

The January figure was revised up by 27,000 to 256,000, and the February estimate was revised down by 5,000 to 270,000. After those revisions, employment was 22,000 higher than previously reported.

After the revisions and the March numbers, the three-month moving average moved up from 265,000 to 276,000.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2024/04/05/american-created-303000-jobs-in-march/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Another Scorcher: 303,000 Jobs Added To U.S. Economy in March
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 04:53:38 pm »
About That Fantastic Jobs Report … Full-time, Native Jobs Shrink, Part-time, Foreign-born Jobs Rise On Year-over-Year Basis, Virtually No Manufacturing Jobs Added But 71k Government Jobs Added (Black Unemployment Increases)

To quote the song “Sloop John B”, “Let me go home, I wanna go home. This is the worst trip I’ve ever been on.” The lyrics should change to “This is the worst ADMINISTRATION I’ve ever experienced.”

Like last month, today’s jobs report for March is better than Februrary’s miracle report, but has some glaring bad news that the Administration and slobbering media will ignore. Now you know why I no longer appear on CNBC, CNN or Fox Business anymore.

Let’s start with the good news! The BLS reported that in March, the US added a whopping 303K jobs, tied for the highest since Jan 2023!

Turning our attention to the unemployment rate, it unexpectedly dipped again, dropping to 3.8%, from 3.9%, in line with estimates, as the number of unemployed workers dipped modestly from 6.458 million to 6.429 million while the number of employed workers rose by almost half a million workers; the unemployment rate for Blacks (6.4 percent) increased in March to the highest level in almost two years, while the rates for Asians (2.5 percent) and Hispanics (4.5 percent) decreased. The jobless rates for adult men (3.3 percent), adult women (3.6 percent), teenagers (12.6 percent), and Whites (3.4 percent) showed little or no change over the month.

more
https://confoundedinterest.net/2024/04/05/about-that-fantastic-jobs-report-full-time-native-jobs-shrink-part-time-foreign-born-jobs-rise-on-year-over-year-basis-virtually-no-manufacturing-jobs-added-but-71k-government-jobs-added-blac/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 04:59:03 pm »
Thos numbers are either cooked or deceiving.  Basically, it's wage earners taking second and third jobs just to make ends meet!  I see it everywhere!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 05:07:35 pm »
The only numbers that matter are the ones coming out of my paycheck and my wallet.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 05:09:39 pm »
And THIS:

About Those Jobs Numbers

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/04/05/about-those-unemployment-numbers-n3785992

Statistics are great--no matter what they say, they are easy to manipulate to create whatever impression you want.

Case in point: today's unemployment numbers from the federal government.

On the surface the jobs numbers released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics looked fantastic. Jobs jumped by 330,000. That's almost enough to keep up with the number of illegal aliens the Biden Administration let in!

But dig into the numbers and something surprising happens...the number of government jobs and jobs in the "private sector" that are essentially government jobs, make up a huge fraction of the increase. Then there is the permanent vs. temporary jobs, which tilt things to the worse even more.

EXCERPT
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2024, 05:57:12 pm »
71k Government Jobs Added

And that pretty much says it all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2024, 08:45:20 pm »

The rest of the "new jobs" are part-time.  The Manufacturing Sector added precisely 0 jobs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2024, 08:53:12 pm »
The only numbers that matter are the ones coming out of my paycheck and my wallet.

888high58888

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2024, 10:12:02 pm »
Thos numbers are either cooked or deceiving.  Basically, it's wage earners taking second and third jobs just to make ends meet!  I see it everywhere!

Don't forget the seasonal advantage - The Great White North is coming out of winter... That means all the outside jobs are ramping up. To be expected, and not necessarily an indication of a strengthening economy.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024, 10:24:45 pm »
Every month for the past 6 months, they revamp the government numbers DOWNWARD.

They'll do this again in May.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2024, 12:05:23 am »

Sure they do - The headlines blare the bullshit... And two or three months later, the adjusted number is reported on page 10 of your local paper.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2024, 10:10:20 pm »
The quarterly census of employment and wages shows a DROP of 192k private sector jobs in Q3 last year after BLS said nonfarm payrolls rose 640k over that same time!

https://twitter.com/RealEJAntoni/status/1783209074831560845

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2024, 10:12:40 pm »

Of course they will -- gov't stats are designed to deceive the American public.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2024, 10:55:54 pm »
Sure they do - The headlines blare the bullshit... And two or three months later, the adjusted number is reported on page 10 of your local paper.

Government economic stats being revised downward isn't unusual. It also happened under Trump

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/half-million-fewer-jobs-revisions-hit-trump-economy-n1046156

And this article was a full year before the pandemic
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 10:56:42 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2024, 11:12:43 pm »

And those jobs produce nothing for the economy

At this rate, we'll all be good Soviets
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2024, 11:15:19 pm »
Maybe all those new gubmint jobs are in the Ministry of Truth, busily rewriting history.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2024, 11:18:55 pm »
Maybe all those new gubmint jobs are in the Ministry of Truth, busily rewriting history.

The Ministry of Peace concerns itself with war, the Ministry of Truth with lies, the Ministry of Love with torture and the Ministry of Plenty with starvation. These contradictions are not accidental, nor do they result from ordinary hypocrisy: they are deliberate exercises in doublethink.

Barry Goldwater