Author Topic: Biden administration changes mind on SPR strategy  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden administration changes mind on SPR strategy
« on: April 05, 2024, 11:03:27 am »

Biden administration changes mind on SPR strategy
© Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images

The Department of Energy (DOE) unexpectedly axed plans to refill its “oil piggy bank” in August and September due to surging oil prices.

The DOE previously announced in March that it was soliciting 3 million barrels of oil for its Bayou Choctaw site in Louisiana — one of four major storage facilities for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR).

Car insurance rates have spiked in the US to a stunning $2,150/year — but you can be smarter than that. Here's how you can save yourself as much as $820 annually in minutes (it's 100% free)
The SPR is the world's largest supply of emergency crude oil and was established back in 1975 in case of a severe oil supply crisis or economic disruption.

"We monitor market dynamics to remain nimble and innovative in our successful replenishment approach to protect this critical national security asset," said DOE spokesperson Charisma Troiano, noting the energy department is keeping “the taxpayer’s interest at the forefront.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/president-biden-just-canceled-plans-to-refill-america-s-emergency-oil-reserve-here-s-why-and-what-it-means-for-you/ar-BB1l5sqk?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=70b9f26f6f604eeea34ca6c41867fd57&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden administration changes mind on SPR strategy
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 11:06:36 am »
Biden somehow seems to feel his "roaring economy" makes Americans impervious to the effect of high oil prices.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson