Author Topic: Biden admin's revolving door on terrorism label draws scathing criticism: 'New low'  (Read 228 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden admin's revolving door on terrorism label draws scathing criticism: 'New low'
White House had issued waivers that mitigated current terrorism designation
By Peter Aitken Fox News
Published April 4, 2024 4:48pm EDT

A senator has slammed the Biden administration’s offer to reverse the Houthis’ designation as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) group in exchange for guaranteeing an end to attacks against Red Sea shipping vessels.

"The Houthi terrorists and their Iranian benefactors have tried to shut down global trade in the Red Sea with deadly consequences," Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., wrote in a post on social media platform X. "Appeasing and rewarding such behavior would be a new low for the Biden foreign policy team."

During a dial-in press briefing on Wednesday night, U.S. Special Envoy to Yemen Timothy Lenderking told reporters that his hope as envoy "is that we can find diplomatic off-ramps to find ways to de-escalate and allow us to pull back eventually the designation and, of course, to end the military strikes on Houthis’ military capability."

"We know that there is no military solution, and in that commitment, we are joined by all members of the P5 – Russia, China, France, the U.K. – united in this goal, and I think that’s very helpful for listeners to know that there’s a strong consensus in the international community and among key players to support the peace effort going forward," Lenderking said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/biden-admins-revolving-door-on-terrorism-label-draws-scathing-criticism-new-low
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Lesson Learned:  America is susceptible to terrorist extortion.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.