Author Topic: "Praying Grandma" convicted  (Read 677 times)

Online mountaineer

"Praying Grandma" convicted
« on: April 04, 2024, 10:13:10 pm »
 'Praying grandma' Rebecca Lavrenz has reportedly been found guilty by a DC jury after she briefly entered the Capitol on J6.
Lavrenz spent 10 minutes inside the Capitol and was seen praying outside of the building for an hour. Lavrenz is on film peacefully walking around the Capitol building and was spotted speaking with a police officer.
She is allegedly facing a $210,000 fine and faces one year in jail.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1775996709371568161
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Re: "Praying Grandma" convicted
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 08:16:44 pm »
D.C. Jury Convicts Great-Grandma For Walking Around The Capitol For 10 Minutes On Jan. 6
By: Brianna Lyman
April 05, 2024
After being strung up on charges by President Joe Biden’s Department of Justice (DOJ), a 71-year-old great-grandmother may be thrown in jail because she walked around the Capitol for a few minutes on Jan. 6, 2021.

Rebecca Lavrenz was convicted on four counts Thursday after just three days of jury deliberation for entering the Capitol on J6. Lavrenz entered the building through an open door around 2:43 p.m., according to the official statement of facts.

Lavrenz told The American Spectator‘s Jack Cashill that she “felt that if those doors [on the east side of the building] opened I was supposed to go through.”

Lavrenz exited the Capitol around 2:53 p.m., just 10 minutes after entering, having briefly spoken to at least one Capitol Police Officer before leaving, according to the statement of facts.   ...
https://thefederalist.com/2024/04/05/d-c-jury-convicts-great-grandma-for-walking-around-the-capitol-for-10-minutes-on-jan-6/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 08:24:36 pm »
Full scale banana republic we are.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 08:42:32 pm »
What’s her crime?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 11:58:33 pm »
What’s her crime?

She's an enemy of the state.

Antifa can do billions in damage, kill dozens and attack thousands of innocent people. That was a-okay...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 12:24:45 am »
The prayers of a righteous grandma avail much.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2024, 12:28:10 am »
What’s her crime?

-  Entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds
-  Disorderly conduct in a restricted area
-  Disorderly conduct in the Capitol Building
-  Parading, demonstrating or picketing in the Capitol.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-