Author Topic: Fired CBS correspondent Catherine Herridge to break silence at Capitol Hill hearing  (Read 398 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Fired CBS correspondent Catherine Herridge to break silence at Capitol Hill hearing
By Social Links for Alexandra Steigrad
Published April 4, 2024, 3:19 p.m. ET

Catherine Herridge — the ex-CBS News correspondent who saw her files seized by the network after her controversial firing in February — is set to break her silence before the House Judiciary Committee, The Post has learned.

The acclaimed investigative journalist — known for her reporting on the Hunter Biden laptop scandal — will testify next week before the powerful panel on the still-murky circumstances surrounding her exit from CBS News, according to a source close to the situation.

The potentially explosive hearing — titled “Fighting for a Free Press: Protecting Journalists and their Sources” — will take place on April 11 at 9:30 am, the source said.

In addition to Herridge, SAG-AFTRA chief news & broadcast officer Mary Cavallaro will speak about the union’s negotiations with CBS to return Herridge’s confidential materials after she was let go, according to the source.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/04/04/media/catherine-herridge-to-break-silence-at-capitol-hill-hearing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I hope this fine lady has airtight security!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Not that congress will do anything.

She's a great reporter (and has been for a long long time).  I hope she is able to stay in the business. 

I trust her.

I don't understand the fearmongering comment above though.

Offline mountaineer

Here was Catherine Herridge's full opening statement at the House @JudiciaryGOP hearing, her first on-camera comments since being laid off by CBS News and having her records seized:

“I’m here today with a deep sense of gratitude and humility. I appreciate the subcommittee taking the time to focus again on the importance of protecting reporter sources and the vital safeguards provided by the PRESS Act. As you know, in February, I was held in contempt of court for refusing to dispose my confidential sources for national security story. I think my current situation can help put the important of PRESS Act into context.

"One of our children recently asked me if I would go to jail, if we would lose our house, and if we would lose our family’s savings to protect my reporting sources. I wanted to answer that, in this United States where we say we value democracy and the role of a vibrant and free press, that it was impossible, but I could not offer that assurance. The bipartisan PRESS Act, which came out of this House Committee, would put it into the sort of legal jeopardy that I had experienced firsthand in the federal courts. And without the legislation, more journalists will run into the uncertainty of the contempt gauntlet in the future. This legislation will provide protections for every working journalist in the United States, now and for the next generation.

"The legislation provides strong protections at the federal level for reporters and their sources. It would block litigants and federal governments from prying into reporters files, except when there’s imminent threat of violence, including terrorism and in defamation cases. At the state level, similar rules are already in place at the state level to protect press freedom. It is my sincere hope the passage of the PRESS Act will provide similar protections at the federal level. ... "

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1778442518666879070
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
She Rocks.

If the Hunter Biden story wasn't such a furball, I'd bet she'd wrap it around Joe's ass.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WATCH: Catherine Herridge Lights Up CBS, Explains What Happened With Firing and Files Seized
By Nick Arama | 5:25 PM on April 11, 2024

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1778442518666879070

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2024/04/11/catherine-herridge-lights-things-up-during-her-testimony-n2172622
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34