Author Topic: Trump’s small but enduring lead revives polling skepticism  (Read 167 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s small but enduring lead revives polling skepticism
« on: April 04, 2024, 07:00:49 pm »
Trump’s small but enduring lead revives polling skepticism
By
W. James Antle III
April 4, 2024 2:45 pm

Former President Donald Trump is still leading in the polls, raising fresh questions about whether the problem is with the polling or President Joe Biden’s reelection campaign.

Biden’s team initially suggested that recent polling has been at odds with the election results, which often seen Democrats beat expectations — and often Republicans. But their stepped up attacks on Trump and targeted campaign activity indicate they do take the threat seriously.

Polling skepticism, popularly dubbed “crosstab trutherism,” nevertheless persists in some corners on the Left. Some of the core assumptions being questioned is whether Trump is really gaining among minority voters and if Biden is as bad off with younger people as some surveys show.

The latest Wall Street Journal swing state poll shows Trump beating Biden in six of the key battlegrounds and the two presidents tied in the seventh. Some of these leads are relatively big. Trump is up by 6 points in North Carolina, where he won by 1.3 in 2020, and 5 points in Arizona, where he lost by 0.4. Trump has been leading in Nevada, the only one of these swing states he never carried in 2016 or 2020.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2953747/trumps-small-but-enduring-lead-revives-polling-skepticism/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Trump’s small but enduring lead revives polling skepticism
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 07:21:05 pm »
We should be skeptical of every poll.  Polls are meant to influence, not reflect.

Polls are no different than gambling odds - the odds exist to influence behavior (to even out the betting pool to give the house/bookie more favor to make money).

Polls exist to influence donors to donate for, or against, something to the benefit of the poltical actor that conducted, issued, or publicized that poll.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.