Author Topic: Tuberculosis breaks out at Chicago migrant shelters following measles cases  (Read 214 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tuberculosis breaks out at Chicago migrant shelters following measles cases
Confirmed tuberculosis cases come as more than 55 measles cases have been confirmed in Chicago
By Michael Dorgan Fox News
Published April 4, 2024 9:43am EDT

Judge denies Trump’s bid to dismiss Georgia RICO case on free speech grounds
By
Ashley Oliver
April 4, 2024 1:44 pm

A judge denied on Thursday Donald Trump’s request to dismiss his election interference case in Georgia on the grounds that it violated the former president’s First Amendment rights.

Judge Scott McAfee issued an order saying that while Trump’s free speech rights permitted him to raise challenges about the 2020 election, the allegations in the indictment reflected speech that was not protected by the Constitution because it was allegedly “made in furtherance” of crimes.

“After interpreting the indictment’s language liberally in favor of the State as required at this pretrial stage, the Court finds that the Defendants’ expressions and speech are alleged to have been made in furtherance of criminal activity and constitute false statements knowingly and willfully made in matters within a government agency’s jurisdiction which threaten to deceive and harm the government,” McAfee wrote.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis indicted Trump and 18 others last year on racketeering charges, alleging that the defendants illegally conspired to overturn the 2020 election in Georgia.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/2953448/judge-denies-trumps-bid-to-dismiss-georgia-rico-case-on-free-speech-grounds/

Chicago health officials have announced that a "small number" of tuberculosis (TB) cases have been reported at some migrant facilities following a recent outbreak of measles among migrants living in the Windy City's shelters.

The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) said the TB cases were reported in "a few different shelters" in the city. However, officials did not disclose the exact number of confirmed cases or which shelter locations they originated from, Fox 32 Chicago reports.

The agency says its medical teams are ramping up contact tracing to address the health issue. Tuberculosis is an infectious bacterial disease that mainly affects the lungs.

The confirmed tuberculosis cases come as more than 55 measles cases have now been confirmed in Chicago, with the majority of those cases being reported in the Pilsen migrant shelter on Halsted Street.

"CDPH is aware of a small number of cases of TB among new arrivals in a few different shelters over the course of the response," the health agency said in a statement to Fox 32.

The health body said 10% to 20% of Central and South American residents have a latent TB infection, which is asymptomatic and not transmissible to others. It does, however, result in a positive TB test, CDPH says.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/health/tuberculosis-breaks-chicago-migrant-shelters-measles-cases
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

The illegals could bring a back a muscular version of the black plague  and elected class won’t care
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy