Author Topic: Nuclear Submarine Pact Could Deter China From Taiwan Attack: US Official  (Read 531 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Nuclear Submarine Pact Could Deter China From Taiwan Attack: US Official
Story by Maura Zurick • 16h • 3 min read

U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Kurt Campbell said on Wednesday that the AUKUS submarine project between Australia, Britain and the U.S. might help deter a Chinese move against Taiwan.

Atop official for the U.S. Department of State (DOS) suggested that the submarine project between the United States, Australia and Britain could help discourage Chinese attacks against Taiwan.

DOS Deputy Secretary of State Kurt Campbell discussed the project, which is called AUKUS and involves helping Australia develop a fleet of nuclear-powered attack submarines, during an event on Wednesday.

Campbell, speaking during a virtual event hosted by the Center for a New American Security (CNAS), said that the new submarine capabilities would strengthen peace and stability, including in the strait that separates China and Taiwan.

"I think that balance, that additional capacity, will help strengthen deterrence more generally, I think those practical circumstances of which AUKUS has the potential to have submarines from a number of countries operating in close coordination," Campbell said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nuclear-submarine-pact-could-deter-china-from-taiwan-attack-us-official/ar-BB1l2ATD
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Not really.  China can afford to lose a population the size of the US and still have plenty left over.  Just killing people won't be the answer.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Chinese People's Liberation Army has over a billion human shields at its disposal.  They'll keep sending cannon fodder until the enemy's cannons run out of ammo.

The commies will likely infultrate Taiwanese Government so the Chi-coms can be "invited" to Taiwan ... or they'll duplicate the Russian little green men strategy that was used to seize Crimea.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 05:28:29 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A piece of paper is going to stop the Chinese?  Is this some kind of a joke?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Chinese People's Liberation Army has over a billion human shields at its disposal.  They'll keep sending cannon fodder until the enemy's cannons run out of ammo.

The commies will likely infultrate Taiwanese Government so the Chi-coms can be "invited" to Taiwan ... or they'll duplicate the Russian little green men strategy that was used to seize Crimea.

That's the way I look at it. Taiwan cares far more about it's chip infrastructure than freedom and self-autonomy IMO. There may never be a war for the western powers to fight.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's the way I look at it. Taiwan cares far more about it's chip infrastructure than freedom and self-autonomy IMO. There may never be a war for the western powers to fight.

That is more likely than an invasion scenario.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: