Author Topic: Four Stealthy AGM-158C Long-Range Anti-Ship Missiles Flew Together In “Historic” Test  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Four Stealthy AGM-158C Long-Range Anti-Ship Missiles Flew Together In “Historic” Test
Two F/A-18E/F Super Hornets fired the quartet of AGM-158C missiles, a reflection of how these weapons would be employed in actual combat.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
PUBLISHED APR 4, 2024 1:04 PM EDT
The Navy and Lockheed Martin recently conducted a "historic" test in which four AGM-158C Long Range Anti-Ship Missiles were in flight simultaneously.

The U.S. Navy and Lockheed Martin recently conducted a test in which a pair of F/A-18E/F Super Hornets launched four AGM-158C Long Range Anti-Ship Missiles, or LRASMs, which then flew on simultaneously. Described as "historic," this appears to be a first-of-its-kind event and one that is more representative of how these weapons would be employed in combat, especially in a future higher-end conflict, compared to just launching a single missile at a time.

Lockheed Martin announced the completion of the quadruple AGM-158C test, which is the 12th integrated flight test event for LRASM, or ITE-12, yesterday. The company said that the test was a success, but did not say where or when it had taken place specifically.

In ITE-12, "the U.S. Navy was able to demonstrate the weapon’s inherent high-end lethality from mission planning through kill chain integration and its effects on the target. All mission objectives were met, reinforcing high confidence in the weapon’s capabilities and superior firepower," according to a Lockheed Martin press release. "The successful test was a graduation exercise for the missiles’ latest configuration and lays the foundation for increased capabilities to come."

https://www.twz.com/air/four-stealthy-agm-158c-long-range-anti-ship-missiles-flew-together-in-historic-test
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson