Author Topic: Masters of Corruption: How the Federal Bureaucracy Sabotaged the Trump Presidency  (Read 405 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Masters of Corruption: How the Federal Bureaucracy Sabotaged the Trump Presidency

In the United States you can elect any president you want, but a small group of people you’ve never heard of still run everything — year after year, administration after administration. That’s not democracy. It’s oligarchy, and Mark Moyar explains exactly how it works.

—Tucker Carlson

This book tells a remarkable true story of bureaucratic assassination during the Trump presidency, revealing in vivid detail how career federal employees thwarted President Trump’s efforts to drain the swamp.

Mark Moyar, a senior political appointee at the US Agency for International Development, discovered evidence of corruption involving five career bureaucrats and reported it to agency officials in 2018. Senior bureaucrats orchestrated a sophisticated retaliatory plot, which began when a Special Operations general fraudulently accused Moyar of divulging classified information, and ended with the termination of Moyar's employment.

The bureau that Moyar had been on track to lead, with an annual budget exceeding $300 million, fell into the hands of one of his bureaucratic assassins. The leading perpetrator of the corruption exposed by Moyar subsequently escaped punishment by transferring to another federal agency.

A multi-agency cover-up followed. Moyar sought help from three Offices of the Inspector General—the government’s main bulwarks against whistleblower retaliation—but all three conducted flimsy investigations that absolved the bureaucracy. When Senator Charles Grassley demanded that agency officials fill the gaps in the government’s story, he was met with lies and evasions.

This suspense-filled drama provides an insider’s view of the federal bureaucracy’s corruption, its weaponization of bureaucratic procedures, and its failures to protect employees from retaliation. In telling his story, Moyar reveals how future administrations can drain the swamp and draws a roadmap for the restoration of integrity to the United States government...
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The author and I have been acquainted for many years.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Quote from: Bigun link=topic=528768.msg2998064#msg2998064
How the Federal Bureaucracy Sabotaged the Trump Presidency

And how they'll do it again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DefiantMassRINO

The Federal Bureaucracy will slow walk conservative agenda items.

In such a situation, Federal agencies might be in need of "re-organization" to "better allign with its mission".  New managerial hierarchy and positions that require people to apply or to re-apply for their jobs.  Shake up the bureaucratic snow globe to move the pieces around.

The next time there is a Republican President with a Republican Congress, they will avail themselves to accomplish more than passing corporate tax cuts.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 05:50:09 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The Federal Bureaucracy will slow walk conservative agenda items.

In such a situation, Federal agencies might be in need of "re-organization" to "better allign with its mission".  New managerial hierarchy and positions that require people to apply or to re-apply for their jobs.  Shake up the bureaucratic snow globe to move the pieces around.

The next time there is a Republican President with a Republican Congress, they will avail themselves to accomplish more than passing corporate tax cuts.

The federal government bureaucracy needs to be reduced by a minimum of two thirds!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And how they'll do it again.

:yowsa: If WE allow it, that is a certainty.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

The federal government bureaucracy needs to be reduced by a minimum of two thirds!

For starters. 

Money is the source of their power.  Cut off the money, and you take away their power.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-