Author Topic: Quaker Oats Shutters Danville Plant, 500+ Workers Lose Their Jobs  (Read 198 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Quaker Oats Shutters Danville Plant, 500+ Workers Lose Their Jobs

Simon Kent 4 Apr 2024

The Quaker Oats Company announced Wednesday it is permanently closing its factory in Danville, Illinois, with upwards of  500 employees to be impacted.

The News-Gazette reports Mayor Rickey Williams Jr. confirmed the news to the wider community, with city officials saying:

Today, we learned that after 65 years of production in Danville, Pepsico will close Quaker Oats effective June 8, 2024.

The business has already ceased production but will continue to pay their employees through that time. While this shocks and saddens us, we will unite as a community to help those who have lost their employment.

Williams said he is unsure whether any of the affected employees are being transferred or if they are all being laid off.

A mass layoff “has a terrible impact on the employees and their families,” he said. “It also causes some anxiety to the community at large as well.”

Chicago-based Quaker Oats, a unit of Pepsico since 2001, opened the plant in 1969.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2024/04/04/quaker-oats-shutters-danville-plant-500-workers-lose-their-jobs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Quaker Oats Shutters Danville Plant, 500+ Workers Lose Their Jobs
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 05:00:58 pm »
Rhetorical questions I ask myself in there situations ...

Why are they closing the plant? (Inertia: What equal or greater force has pushed the shuttering of the plant?)

Are they reducing aggregate production, or, will they get supply/production from another location?

Are they making fewer oats, or, have they found a place to make oats cheaper?

Are they reducing oat production due to decreased demand, increased competition, or to constrain supply to drive up prices/profits?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.