Author Topic: Biden administration rule makes firing federal workers harder as Trump promises 'deep state' revamp  (Read 543 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden administration rule makes firing federal workers harder as Trump promises 'deep state' revamp

New Office of Personnel Management rules comes as Trump's possible return to White House could bring overhaul of DOJ, FBI

By Danielle Wallace Fox News
Published April 4, 2024 7:48am EDT

President Biden's administration is implementing a new rule to make it more difficult to fire federal workers as former President Trump promises to revamp the workforce to weed out the "deep state."

Early Thursday, the White House released a statement from the Democratic incumbent president regarding "the final rule to protect nonpartisan civil servants."

Biden said his administration was announcing "protections for 2.2 million career civil servants from political interference, to guarantee that they can carry out their responsibilities in the best interest of the American people."

"Day in and day out, career civil servants provide the expertise and continuity necessary for our democracy to function," the statement said. "They provide Americans with life-saving and life-changing services and put opportunity within reach for millions. That’s why since taking office, I have worked to strengthen, empower, and rebuild our career workforce."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-rule-makes-firing-federal-workers-harder-trump-promises-deep-state-revamp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline The_Reader_David

If it's an administrative rule, rather than a law passed by Congress, should Trump be elected, he can rescind it using the same Presidential power Biden used to implement it, then carry on with firing people.

(Of course, Trump had every reason to clean out the deep state during his first term, since they were actively hostile to him, but did he?  No. So if he's elected and sworn in, I'm not holding my breath in expectation he'll manage to do anything like that in a second term either.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
You don't have to "fire" them.

There's another way to render them -- and the agencies in which they're employed -- completely ineffective.

I have the plan.
(Mr. Trump, call me!)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Offline roamer_1

Trump promises 'deep state' revamp

Wish in one hand...

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Outrageous promises in hand, esp the grave ones, every sacred lie is a truth.  Democracy is here, more and more a one party government, believe the sacred god government, lies are truth, truth is lies that Satan rules unimpeded, cry fair, know it is lies.  Call on God at the end, like at Noahs time HE WILL NOT HEAR YOU.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions