Author Topic: Schumer expected to move quickly to dismiss Mayorkas impeachment  (Read 159 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Schumer expected to move quickly to dismiss Mayorkas impeachment
by Alexander Bolton - 04/04/24 6:00 AM ET

Senate aides say they expect Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) to immediately dismiss the impeachment charges against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas after the House impeachment managers present them next week.

One Senate GOP aide said Schumer is expected to schedule a vote on a motion to dismiss or a motion to table the charges.

Schumer also could refer the matter to a special evidentiary committee, but Senate Democrats worry that doing so could help validate the two counts against Mayorkas, which Schumer has panned as “a sham” and “absurd.”

A Senate GOP aide who requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive matter said Mayorkas’s impeachment won’t take up much time on the Senate floor.

“There’s not going to be a trial. I don’t think we’ll even get a resolution” to govern the floor process, said the aide.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4573379-senate-schumer-mayorkas-impeachment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Schumer expected to move quickly to dismiss Mayorkas impeachment
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 10:15:21 pm »
Can Schmuckster simply "dismiss" it?
I'm going to assume that he CAN.

That begs a question:
If he can, why didn't the Pubbie-controlled Senate (at least I think they were in control back then) "dismiss" the phony "impeachment" charges against Mr. Trump, as well...?