Author Topic: Claim: Questioning Attribution Studies is the “Gateway Drug” to Climate Denial  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Claim: Questioning Attribution Studies is the “Gateway Drug” to Climate Denial
22 hours ago Eric Worrall 84 Comments

Essay by Eric Worrall

Apparently “… denialism is standing up for industrial capitalism. … poorly educated men (and to the regional communities built around them) …” are the drivers of modern climate denial.

Never mind the science, News Corp has strengthened its climate denialism machine

Climate crisis denial can come in many forms — and Murdoch’s empire has all bases covered.
CHRISTOPHER WARREN
APR 02, 2024

The News Corp climate denial machine — all those cogs in its opinion pages finely tuned to reverse Aesop’s fable and repeatedly croak out: “No wolf here!” — has a problem. Extreme weather events have made it all but impossible to ignore the climate wolf threatening to blow our houses down.

They’ve reengineered the underlying denialism, too. Sure, they say now, the climate may be changing, but it’s not our fault. It’s not, as the cloistered academics would say, “anthropogenic”.

If global heating is not caused by humans burning fossil fuels, why would humans be able to do anything about it? (And, just in case, why not go, umm, nukular?)

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/03/claim-questioning-attribution-studies-is-the-gateway-drug-to-climate-denial/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
You people who want to know the truth are just completely screwing up the political agenda of "climate change. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson