Author Topic: Trump hush-money case 'could not be worse for our country,' Jonathan Turley warns  (Read 439 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump hush-money case 'could not be worse for our country,' Jonathan Turley warns
Trump legal team demands judge's recusal after latest gag order ahead of trial
By Fox News Staff Fox News
Published April 3, 2024 4:00pm EDT

Former President Donald Trump's legal team continues to take on the New York judicial system, demanding Judge Juan Merchan's recusal in his upcoming hush-money trial. While the Trump team takes on the courtroom, Fox News contributor Jonathan Turley examined the court of public opinion on "America's Newsroom" on Wednesday, arguing the case "could not be worse" for the country after Merchan's latest gag order.

JONATHAN TURLEY: The optics are horrendous. I mean, this is a very weak case. In my view, it is weaponization of the system. And now you have these gag orders flying right before an election that could turn on the weaponization of the criminal justice system. So this could not be worse for our country. And I think these judges have gone too far with some of these orders.

Merchan expanded a gag order on Monday to keep Trump from commenting on family members of those involved in the proceedings.

New York prosecutors sought clarification last week following posts by Trump in which he attacked Merchan's daughter on his Truth Social platform. The new order prohibits Trump from mentioning family members of the court and prosecutors.

Merchan is presiding over Trump's upcoming trial in which he is accused of making hush-money payments during his 2016 presidential campaign.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-hush-money-case-worse-country-jonathan-turley-warns
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

Have you ever paid a Woman to keep her Mouth Shut?  I know I have never had too, but I don't have tiny fingers either.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.