Author Topic: Hush money judge rejects Trump’s immunity claims as untimely  (Read 200 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Hush money judge rejects Trump’s immunity claims as untimely
by Zach Schonfeld - 04/03/24 4:57 PM ET

A New York judge rejected former President Trump’s presidential immunity claims in his hush money case on Wednesday, saying Trump waited too long to make them.

Justice Juan Merchan’s ruling removes another pathway for Trump to delay his upcoming hush money trial, which is slated to become the first criminal trial of a former president on April 15.

Unlike his other three criminal indictments, Trump had not argued he was immune from his 34 charges in the hush money case, which stems from payments made before he was president.

But the former president in recent weeks began insisting that some of prosecutors’ desired trial evidence would be precluded if the Supreme Court agrees with his immunity claims in another cases.

“Defendant’s motion is DENIED in its entirety as untimely. The Court declines to consider whether the doctrine of presidential immunity precludes the introduction of evidence of purported official presidential acts in a criminal proceeding,” Merchan wrote.

Trump’s claims of presidential immunity reached the Supreme Court earlier this year, after the justices agreed to weigh whether a president can be criminally charged for their actions while serving in the office. 

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4573246-hush-money-judge-trumps-immunity-new-york/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Hush money judge rejects Trump’s immunity claims as untimely
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 09:34:13 pm »
If I was a judge, I'd rule against Tangerine Mussolini, and tell him to take it up on appeal.

Justice is supposed to be the search for Truth.  Trials shine sunlight on evidentiary truths.  At this point, Truth is more important than an appeals-proof case.

Put the Truth out there before the Election, and let Tangerine Mussolini appeal.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.