Author Topic: Donald Trump Stung in Primary As Huge Number of Republicans Vote Against Him  (Read 639 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump Stung in Primary As Huge Number of Republicans Vote Against Him
Published Apr 03, 2024 at 4:22 AM EDT
Updated Apr 03, 2024 at 7:42 AM EDT
Kate Plummer

Donald Trump suffered a blow in a number of primary votes on Tuesday, after thousands of Republicans refused to vote for him.

The former president is the presumptive Republican nominee in the 2024 presidential elections, having last month won enough delegates to secure the nomination and because all of his rivals have dropped out of the race.

That, however, has not quelled dissent among some moderate Republicans and supporters of his rivals like Nikki Haley (who dropped out of the race last month) who have indicated they would never vote for Trump.

With that in mind, although Trump comfortably won four primary votes on Tuesday, in Wisconsin, Connecticut, New York and Rhode Island, it is significant that in all of those states, a proportion of Republicans voted for politicians no longer in the race, showing anti-Trump feeling among the GOP is alive and well. This dissent could prove difficult in swing states when the Republican faces Democratic candidate Joe Biden in the November election.

In Wisconsin, Trump won 78.9 percent of the vote share while Haley, the former South Carolina governor, garnered 12.8 percent of the vote and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis 3.3 percent of the vote, according to NBC News.

In Connecticut, the former president won 77.8 percent of the vote. Fourteen percent went to Haley while a further 4.8 percent said they were uncommitted.

Trump also lost some 20 percent of the vote in New York where he gained 82.1 percent of ballots to Haley's 12.9 percent.

In Rhode Island, he won 83.7 percent of the vote, while 10.6 percent of voters opted for Haley, instead.

more
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-republican-primary-delegates-votes-1886279
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Reality check; the country is more moderate and leans more to left of center than I thought.  Conservatives seem to be a dying breed.  After those in the 'senior' age group pass, conservatism just may die for good.

Very sad.  It is unfortunate that those growing up, in their mid 20's to 50's weren't able to experience or have the luxury of knowing patriotism as we have.

They have been liberally indoctrinated by our society; schools, social events, meetings, job situations, etc.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 05:05:18 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That has to be the most pathetic attempt to turn a turd into a bar of gold that I've ever seen a woke rag write.

The closest was a 4-1 blowout.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That has to be the most pathetic attempt to turn a turd into a bar of gold that I've ever seen a woke rag write.

The closest was a 4-1 blowout.

Yup!   :thumbsup:

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Reality check; the country is more moderate and leans more to left of center than I thought.  Conservatives seem to be a dying breed.  After those in the 'senior' age group pass, conservatism just may die for good.

Very sad.  It is unfortunate that those growing up, in their mid 20's to 50's weren't able to experience or have the luxury of knowing patriotism as we have.

They have been liberally indoctrinated by our society; schools, social events, meetings, job situations, etc.

Hey I’m mid50s, and few will ever be as radically conservative as I am!  But then, I was raised by solid conservatives Silent Gen and their parents, all solidly conservative.

But this is what I’ve been trying to tell EverTrumpers and Repubs generally:  half of the country is basically communist traitors.  I’m warning them it’s our neighbors who are unAmerican, not simply those they vote for.  And that means for the EverTrumpers whose endless “rallies” of thousands of people, that that is just an illusion that makes them feel good.  Trump is not as popular as they think and he certainly doesn’t represent some “red wave” happening.

Never mind that Trump is not as conservative as they believe.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

It may seem so, but accounting for regional differences you have a sharp split between red and blue depending on location. Here in Iowa even the Rats are more conservative overall except for the university towns.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump does not concern himself with a loser journalist who wrote a loser article about loser voters who cast loser votes for loser candidates.

Every day out of jail / prison is a WIN! for Tangerine Mussolini.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

Trump does not concern himself with a loser journalist who wrote a loser article about loser voters who cast loser votes for loser candidates.

Every day out of jail / prison is a WIN! for Tangerine Mussolini.

How long will he be able to do that though?  That is a genuine concern.  The leftists aren't done with him yet. He's facing 90+ felonies.  :shrug:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

I have been saying this for quite some time. Of course there are enclaves of conservative young people. But even they seem to be shrinking from what I see. The indoctrination received at school is the primary factor, imho. Oh...and the love fest everyone seems to have with Europe.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The indoctrination and brainwashing occurring in the public education system is reminiscent of Mao's Cultural Revolution - he set a younger generation against an older generation to kill any memory of times and ideas before the 1949 Communist Revolution.

Cancel culture is about killing ideas and thoughts that challenge the Revolution's authorized thought orthodoxy and prescribed intellectual dogma.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

While your observations are true, I think it premature to say Conservatives are a dying breed...
There is little to promote Tumpy to Conservatives.

The Conservative Coalition was always a coalition... The candidate was designed to attract Conservatives by being able to declare fealty to the various immovable principles of the Conservative factions.

Tumpy can do about none of that.
So how does he tie the 3 (really 4) factions of Conservatism together to form that famous juggernaut?

He cannot.

Offline libertybele

While your observations are true, I think it premature to say Conservatives are a dying breed...
There is little to promote Tumpy to Conservatives.

The Conservative Coalition was always a coalition... The candidate was designed to attract Conservatives by being able to declare fealty to the various immovable principles of the Conservative factions.

Tumpy can do about none of that.
So how does he tie the 3 (really 4) factions of Conservatism together to form that famous juggernaut?

He cannot.

The liberal indoctrination of our youth in school has been going on for a couple of generations; now being passed on throughout the years in liberal families. Trump smearing conservatives and conservatism certainly doesn't help.

Offline mountaineer

Our state's primary election isn't until May. Republican presidential candidates on the ballot will be: Nikki Haley; Ryan Binkley of Dallas, TX; David Stuckenberg of Tampa, FL; Rachel Hanna MoHawk Swift (!) of Hagerstown, MD; and Donald J. Trump.

I predict DJT wins at least 90% of the votes here.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Donald Trump Stung in Primary As Huge Number of Republicans Vote Against Him"

From the article:
"Trump also lost some 20 percent of the vote in New York where he gained 82.1 percent of ballots to Haley's 12.9 percent."

Hmmm....
Lemmmeeeesseeee here...

So, Mr. Trump beat Nimarata Haley by more than 6-to-1 in New York (of all places)... and that's a "huge number" voting against him?

Please...

Online roamer_1

The liberal indoctrination of our youth in school has been going on for a couple of generations; now being passed on throughout the years in liberal families. Trump smearing conservatives and conservatism certainly doesn't help.

As far as securing the Conservative vote, and engaging the Conservative juggernaut...

Well maybe it's just a matter of fishin with the wrong damn bait.  :whistle:

Offline corbe

From 2~5 years henceforth, IMHO, The Republican Party is Dead to me as long as NY liberal Trump has his grimy fingers on it.  Other than the few Conservatives I would/can vote for, that happen to be Republican also, DeSantis, Cruz and Roy.

Afterall, DeSantis got 36,302 Votes in the recent Texas Primary.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.