Author Topic: 1 Dead, Multiple Injured in NYC Parking Garage Collapse  (Read 342 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
1 Dead, Multiple Injured in NYC Parking Garage Collapse
« on: April 03, 2024, 03:21:13 pm »
1 Dead, Multiple Injured in NYC Parking Garage Collapse
Video taken from what appears to be a nearby building shows cars piled on top of each other as rubble is seen from the collapsed floor

By Jennifer Vazquez, Myles Miller, Melissa Colorado, Checkey Beckford and Adam Harding • Published April 18, 2023 • Updated on April 19, 2023 at 6:43 am

A deadly collapse in lower Manhattan, as floors of the parking garage pancaked and crumbled, sending cars tumbling and trapping workers inside. NBC New York has team coverage of how it all unfolded, the building’s history and past violations, eyewitness accounts, the rescues and hi-tech tools used to save lives.

What to Know
A parking garage collapsed in lower Manhattan, killing one worker and injuring five others
It was not immediately clear what caused the collapse, as inspectors and firefighters have not been able to get inside the building due to how unstable it was even through Tuesday night, officials said
A look into the building violations associated with the garage — which has been there on Ann Street since 1957 — shows that most issues have been addressed over the decades, and the few that were still listed as open were quite old

One person died and multiple people were injured after a parking garage collapsed in Lower Manhattan Tuesday afternoon, FDNY officials said.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/top-floor-of-financial-district-parking-garage-collapses/4252095/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: 1 Dead, Multiple Injured in NYC Parking Garage Collapse
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 05:21:32 pm »
I wondering how many super-heavy EVs were parked in that garage when it collapsed?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus