Author Topic: Eric Adams Skips Out On Reception With Taiwanese President After Receiving Warning From Chinese Offi  (Read 803 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eric Adams Skips Out On Reception With Taiwanese President After Receiving Warning From Chinese Official

JAKE SMITH
CONTRIBUTOR
April 03, 2024
10:26 AM ET

Democratic New York City Mayor Eric Adams skipped out on a reception with the President of Taiwan after receiving warnings from China, the National Review reported on Wednesday.

Adams and city administration officials had the opportunity to attend a celebratory banquet in March 2023 featuring Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-Wen. Adams did not attend the banquet after receiving a letter from a high-level Chinese diplomat urging him not to communicate with Tsai, warning him that doing so could upend New York’s “friendship” with China, according to a letter obtained by NR. (RELATED: ‘Astonishing Abuse Of Power’: New Court Filing Details Allegations Against NYC Mayor Adams)

The Taiwan “question” is a delicate issue for the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Though the island maintains independence, China insists that Taiwan is a rogue territory that needs to be “reunited” with the mainland, and demands other countries view the matter similarly, including the U.S.

Adams has fallen under scrutiny for his administration’s association with the CCP. Adams has corresponded with Chinese consul general Huang Ping, who sent him the letter in March 2023, several times since he was elected in 2021, according to NR.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/04/03/eric-adams-skips-out-on-reception-taiwanese-president-after-receiving-warnings-chinese-official/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The President of Taiwan had more important things to deal with today.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Is there a single Dem politician not in CCP's pocket?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Is there a single Dem politician not in CCP's pocket?

And precious few Republicans not in CCP's pocket.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: