Author Topic: Lessons Trump has learned: Washington will change radically come 2025  (Read 355 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lessons Trump has learned: Washington will change radically come 2025
Chris Stewart, Christian Whiton

OPINION:

It appears increasingly likely that Washington is about to face a reality check it hasn’t seen since 2017. The changes will come quickly and cut deeply. The consequence will be that Washington will be guided by drastically different personnel and policies.

Though a Republican capture of the White House is not a foregone conclusion, the reality is that with seven months to go until the election, President Biden finds himself in a lamentable situation. This reality is best synopsized by the fact that former President Donald Trump now leads in averages of polls in all seven swing states that will determine who will be the next president. And Mr. Trump doesn’t need to win them all to win the presidency.

Of course, much can change between now and the election. But will it? At this point, public perceptions of the candidates seem to be as solid as concrete, with voters deeply familiar with the policies and styles of both men. To the extent that voters change their perceptions over the next seven months, the most likely catalyst will be Mr. Biden’s declining cognitive state.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/apr/1/lessons-trump-has-learned-washington-will-change-r/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Lessons Trump has learned: Washington will change radically come 2025
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 05:50:19 pm »
To the extent that voters change their perceptions over the next seven months, the most likely catalyst will be Mr. Biden’s declining cognitive state.

Or a Trump conviction.

The next Trump presidency, however, will be radically different from his first administration. Mr. Trump has learned a lot of lessons. And they will be applied.

In legal terms, we'd call an unsupported assertion like that "ipse dixit".  I personally see literally zero evidence that he's learned anything.  For good or for bad, he's going to be the exact same guy he was in 2017 and in 2021, with all the same strengths and weaknesses.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 06:19:16 pm »
The only thing Trump has learned is that he needs to find scummier scumbags to do his bidding.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 09:20:35 pm »
Or a Trump conviction.

In legal terms, we'd call an unsupported assertion like that "ipse dixit".  I personally see literally zero evidence that he's learned anything.  For good or for bad, he's going to be the exact same guy he was in 2017 and in 2021, with all the same strengths and weaknesses.
ditto. It looks like Trump plans to double or triple down on his disastrous trade policies i.e. tariffs on everything that cost hundreds of thousands of American job losses and bankruptcies especially farmers.
Trump simply isn't very smart about economics. Protectionism might help a targeted sector while severely damaging jobs downstream.
Trump should do with business what conservatives urge Democrat presidents.....keep your ignorant hands off business.
Trump should be informed about Reagan's famous phrase concerning overbearing government i.e. the nine most terrible words in the English language....
"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 09:24:03 pm by goatprairie »

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 10:37:35 pm »
   In my 70 years of Living on this Third Stone from the Sun, I've never witnessed a Man of my age change in ANY significant manner. 
   We are pretty set in our ways.  Witness my behavior and a few other Briefers here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.