Author Topic: BREAKING: West Point To Make Honor Code 'Aspirational' In Another Destructive Move By Superintendent  (Read 195 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BREAKING: West Point To Make Honor Code 'Aspirational' In Another Destructive Move By Superintendent LTG Gilland
By AFP Staff
April 3, 2024

When LTG Steve Gilland took the reigns of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, since he is a former special operator, many grads were somewhat relieved, as they surmised he would be more true to West Point's history and legacy than LTG Williams, who infested the academy with Marxist ideology.

Now, many grads see in Gilland another senior officer betraying his oath and attempting to change West Point in keeping with the Biden agenda.

Recent minutes of the Board of Visitors of West Point's spring meeting show Gilland is moving to change the venerable 'honor code' to be 'aspirational' instead of sacrosanct.

How does this build character one might ask?

The answer is - it doesn't.

https://armedforces.press/breaking-west-point-to-make-honor-code-aspirational-in-another-destructive-move-by-superintendent-ltg-gilland/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gilland is a good, WOKE General!! :facepalm2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The article got it wrong as to the "why":

The only reason for this move, along with removing Duty, Honor, Country from the mission statement, is to weaken the integrity of graduates who will fill the U.S. military's ranks, so they may be enjoined to repress and persecute the American citizenry in the future.

That's not the reason.

The reason is diversity because honor violations are not distributed evenly across different demographic groups.