Author Topic: Final Marine Harrier pilots finish training, set to join last squadron  (Read 478 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Final Marine Harrier pilots finish training, set to join last squadron
By Zamone Perez
 Apr 2, 12:57 PM

The final two AV-8B Harrier II pilots finished training on Friday, receiving the last 7509 military occupational specialty designation reserved for qualified pilots of the aircraft, according to a statement from the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing.

Capt. Joshua Corbett and Capt. Sven Jorgensen completed the training at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, North Carolina. The final flight assessment — conducted by the AV-8B Harrier II Fleet Replacement Detachment, Marine Aircraft Group 14, 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing — was a low-altitude, close-training sortie, according to the statement.

“The significance of the last replacement pilot training flight in the Harrier community is that it is the beginning of the end for us as a community,” Corbett said in the statement. “The Harrier, more than many aircraft than I have come across, elicits an emotional response. ... All good things have to come to an end, and it’s our turn soon, but not yet.”

Both pilots will report to Marine Attack Squadron 223, also known as “the Bulldogs.” The Harrier squadron will be the last of its kind in the Marine Corps and is slated to continue operations through September 2026, according to the statement.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2024/04/02/final-marine-harrier-pilots-finish-training-set-to-join-last-squadron/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 02:52:16 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

If retired in 2026 as currently planned, the AV-8B will have been in service with the USMC for just over 40 years (and the AV-8A for the previous 13 or 14 years). The AV-8A was developed by Hawker Siddeley; the AV-8B was largely a McDonnel Douglas redesign (Hawker Siddeley was initially involved, dropped out for a decade or so, and then rejoined the effort, by which time it was well into final testing).

I saw a Harrier fly over the bay near the former Alameda NAS (I was on the flight deck of USS Hornet, with my son's Scout troop) during SF's Fleet Week. It slowed to a hover, moved sideways in both directions, and then flew off. It. Was. LOUD.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.