Author Topic: Soldier earns ‘Ace of Syria’ nickname after downing 6 drones  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Soldier earns ‘Ace of Syria’ nickname after downing 6 drones
Spc. Dylan Green recently took an air defense course at Fort Drum, New York.

BY PATTY NIEBERG | PUBLISHED APR 2, 2024 11:47 AM EDT

A10th Mountain Division soldier earned the nickname “Ace of Syria” after shooting down six drones during attacks a forward operating base he was assigned to defend in the northeastern part of the country.

Army Spc. Dylan Green, an infantryman with the 10th Mountain’s 2nd Brigade Combat Team, earned the “ace” moniker after his fifth confirmed kill of a one-way drone, according to an Army press release.

“The sergeant major told me that I had five kills and said I was an ace,” said Green, at a forward operating base in northeastern Syria.

Green, a forward area air defense and nighthawk operator, said he had “no idea what to expect” when he got to Syria. He had attended an air defense course at Fort Drum which included practice and real-world simulations with drone equipment. The Houston Texas native was chosen by his unit leadership to attend Fort Drum’s air defense course despite his only three years in the Army and no deployments.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/soldier-ace-syria-drone-kills/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Soldier earns ‘Ace of Syria’ nickname after downing 6 drones
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 02:28:16 pm »
Is he going to face discipline for protecting American troops and property without written permission? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Soldier earns ‘Ace of Syria’ nickname after downing 6 drones
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 02:41:58 pm »
Nothing like practically doxxing a soldier as we allow millions of illegals across the border.  **nononono*
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.