Author Topic: US Navy ship programs face years-long delays amid labor, supply woes  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Navy ship programs face years-long delays amid labor, supply woes
By Megan Eckstein
 Apr 2, 07:10 PM

Several of the U.S. Navy’s top shipbuilding programs are running one year to three years behind schedule, as the service and the industrial base grapple with workforce and management challenges.

Navy leaders conducted a 45-day review of its shipbuilding portfolio, following news in January that a first-of-class guided-missile frigate was behind schedule due in part to a workforce shortage at Fincantieri’s Marinette Marine shipyard in Wisconsin.

Coupled with existing delays to the Virginia-class attack submarine construction line and worries those delays might spill over to the top-priority Columbia-class ballistic missile submarine, Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro that month ordered an “assessment of national and local causes of shipbuilding challenges, as well as recommended actions for achieving a healthier U.S. shipbuilding industrial base that provides combat capabilities that our warfighters need, on a schedule that is relevant.”

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2024/04/03/us-navy-ship-programs-face-years-long-delays-amid-labor-supply-woes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Navy ship programs face years-long delays amid labor, supply woes
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 02:23:09 pm »
And the Navy wants 355 ships within 6 years?  They had better think again. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson