Author Topic: Third gender option on US immigration form sparks outrage  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Third gender option on US immigration form sparks outrage
« on: April 03, 2024, 01:57:43 pm »
Third gender option on US immigration form sparks outrage
Some conservatives referenced how the announcement was made on April Fool's Day.

By Madeleine Hubbard
Published: April 2, 2024 11:36am

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is adding a third-gender option to its Application for Naturalization in a decision that sparked online outrage from conservatives.

The application, known as Form N-400, traditionally has allowed prospective U.S. citizens to state whether they are "Male (M)" or "Female (F)" and the agency announced Monday that the new form will include the option "X," which is defined as "Another Gender Identity."

Applicants who have a pending form that they filed before April 1, 2024, are able to request to update their gender as well.

The decision sparked outrage from conservatives, some of whom referenced how the announcement was made on April Fool's Day.

https://justthenews.com/government/federal-agencies/third-gender-option-us-immigration-form-sparks-outrage
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 01:58:33 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Third gender option on US immigration form sparks outrage
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 02:00:01 pm »
It won't take long for the "newcomers" to DEMAND more gender choices and threaten violence if it doesn't happen!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson