Author Topic: Tramadol: “The Devil's Pill” That Mexican Cartels Traffic To The US And Africa  (Read 514 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Tramadol: “The Devil's Pill” That Mexican Cartels Traffic To The US And Africa
By Sol Prendido 3/29/2024 01:53:00 PM  68 comments
"Sol Prendido" for Borderland Beat

With stops in Colombia and Guinea Bissau, the mafias of Sinaloa and Jalisco move “the devil's pill” in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Togo... Although it is legal in Mexico, the UN equates its addictive effects with fentanyl if consumption is doubled.

In Mexico it is a low-cost medicine that anyone can buy without a prescription, but in Africa it is an illegal drug that is ending the lives of hundreds of thousands of young people. And, at the same time, it is a big business for Mexican cartels that could rival the fentanyl market.

It's Tramadol. An analgesic to relieve moderate to severe pain. Its sale is so common that even a teenager can purchase a box of 100 milligram tablets for less than 99 pesos in its generic version. It’s so common that it’s part of the usual assortment in the medicine cabinets of Mexican families, who tend to be unaware that—like fentanyl—Tramadol is a synthetic opioid that in a short time can generate a powerful addiction.

https://www.borderlandbeat.com/2024/03/tramadol-devils-pill-that-mexican.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

This border situation gets better and better each day with these people in charge

The hell with the effects that it has on the country. Changing the electorate is more important than anything else to these people.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

I think Sol Prendido is making $hit up.  Extra Strength Tylenol works better than Tramadol, for me anyway.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
   I think Sol Prendido is making $hit up.  Extra Strength Tylenol works better than Tramadol, for me anyway.

I agree @corbe.  Tramadol didn't seem to help the one time I had a script for it. Didn't use it all. I can't take Tylenol but take prescription Ibuprofen instead.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

I had an abscess wisdom tooth that was pulled years ago and I was prescribed Lortab and that didn’t work as well as 800 mg of ibuprofen
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Tramadol the imitation opiod is almost nothing but Tylenol and everyone knows it. If you want to really talk about what is killing people then there is Fentanyl and all the real dangerous drugs to worry about, Tramadol isn't one of them. The devils pill? It is to laugh, OMG let me guess Tramadol is highly addictive and people are overdosing in frightening numbers? If someone is OD'ing on Tramadol they are either quite committed to downing an awful lot of pills or there is Fentanyl or some other real drug mixed in the pills.

If you have an addictive personality than everything is potentially dangerous, alcohol, Tylenol, Advil,  even anti diarrheals, there is no end to what is dangerous. I'm sorry but every time I see one of these ridiculous stories that do nothing but make it harder for those with chronic pain to get needed medication I get pissed off, especially when the stories are about medications I have lots of years experience with.........devils pill :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Tramadol the imitation opiod is almost nothing but Tylenol and everyone knows it. If you want to really talk about what is killing people then there is Fentanyl and all the real dangerous drugs to worry about, Tramadol isn't one of them. The devils pill? It is to laugh, OMG let me guess Tramadol is highly addictive and people are overdosing in frightening numbers? If someone is OD'ing on Tramadol they are either quite committed to downing an awful lot of pills or there is Fentanyl or some other real drug mixed in the pills.

If you have an addictive personality than everything is potentially dangerous, alcohol, Tylenol, Advil,  even anti diarrheals, there is no end to what is dangerous. I'm sorry but every time I see one of these ridiculous stories that do nothing but make it harder for those with chronic pain to get needed medication I get pissed off, especially when the stories are about medications I have lots of years experience with.........devils pill :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

I wouldn’t dismiss the pills so lightly.  It is an opioid.  I was given it once to try to help nerve pains and our allergic dog with hip dysplasia/degenerative myelopathy was given it pretty frequently.  For me it didn’t work so much but I think it helped the dog.

But I agree generally.  I don’t like these scares on everything - and fentanyl is a legit drug.  Of course I was a bit irritated at the run on hydrochloroquine and ivermectin due to fears on COVID.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wouldn’t dismiss the pills so lightly.  It is an opioid.  I was given it once to try to help nerve pains and our allergic dog with hip dysplasia/degenerative myelopathy was given it pretty frequently.  For me it didn’t work so much but I think it helped the dog.

But I agree generally.  I don’t like these scares on everything - and fentanyl is a legit drug.  Of course I was a bit irritated at the run on hydrochloroquine and ivermectin due to fears on COVID.
I will say again unless the drug is adulterated or insanely overdosed the individual is a addictive personality the "Devils Pill" isn't just HYPE it's ridiculous. Example I have been on Tramadol for a decade, I am allowed one 50 mg pill every 12 hours, my dog was allowed 100 mg every six hours, my mother who is 92 and weighs 98 p0unds on a really good day can take 50 mg every six hours, neither I, my dog or my mother have ever suffered one ill effect. The reality is that Tramadol was an over the counter drug before all this Opioid hysteria started and you have a greater risk of killing your liver than dying from the small amount of man made imitation OPIOD.

I will never tell an individual to take or not take any drug that's their choice but I can speak from decades experience, about thirty years on Vicodin for migraines and ten on the "Devils Pill" and unless you are an addictive personality, have an adulterated drug or.........really intentionally abuse the drug.....HYSTERIA! Legitimate prescription meds will always be risk to a small segment of the population but when that is used to handcuff those with chronic pain by Opioid crusaders it's unacceptable. If they really wanted to curtail drug overdoses and addictions they would go after the really dangerous drugs coming across our borders but that won't happen under democrats because they would have to stop all their special "migrants".