Author Topic: “EXTREMELY CONCERNING” — Record Shows Voter Registration Without Photo ID Surges in Three Key Swing  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“EXTREMELY CONCERNING” — Record Shows Voter Registration Without Photo ID Surges in Three Key Swing States: Arizona, Pennsylvania, and Texas
By Jim Hᴏft Apr. 2, 2024 7:40 pm

A significant uptick has been reported in voter registrations without a photo ID in three critical swing states: Arizona, Pennsylvania, and Texas.

The conservative advocacy group End Wokeness brought this trend to light on Tuesday, citing figures that point to a surge since the start of 2024, with Texas experiencing a staggering 1,250,710 such registrations, Pennsylvania with 580,513, and Arizona recording 220,731.

Under the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA), states are mandated to verify the information of newly registered voters. While the act requires verification against state Motor Vehicle Administration databases, individuals without a driver’s license can register using the last four digits of their Social Security Number (SSN).

“To comply with the requirements of section 303 of HAVA, [Social Security Administration] (SSA) developed a new verification system, known as the Help America Vote Verification (HAVV) system, in August 2004. States must only submit a request to us for new voters who do not present a valid driver’s license during the voter registration process. HAVV verifies the accuracy of the name, date of birth, and last four digits of SSN submitted and sends an indication of whether our records show the individual as deceased,” according to SSA’s website.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/extremely-concerning-record-shows-voter-registration-without-photo/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Well, it would be racist and xenophobic to require people to be legal citizens of the United States, and be  able to prove that when they vote.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy