Author Topic: Report of 919 gotaways in one day highlights ongoing border security crisis  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report of 919 gotaways in one day highlights ongoing border security crisis
ALEX NITZBERG
APRIL 02, 2024

Fox News reported that according to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection source, there were 919 gotaways on March 31.

"NEW: 919 known gotaways recorded at the border yesterday, per CBP source. 7 day average of known gotaways: 761 per day. Reminder: Gotaways are not recorded in the official public border numbers reported each month. CBP tracks internally after seeing/detecting them," Fox News Channel's Bill Melugin tweeted.

Last month, during an interview with CBS News' Camilo Montoya-Galvez, U.S. Border Patrol Chief Jason Owens expressed a deep concern about those who slip through the cracks. "That is a national security threat. Border security is a big piece of national security," Owens said.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/919-reported-known-gotaways-one-day
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson