Author Topic: I sold my electric car and went back to a diesel – I’d had enough  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I sold my electric car and went back to a diesel – I’d had enough
APRIL 2, 2024

By Paul Homewood

For years now, I have seen puff pieces for EVs in the press, auto trade and even Facebook. They are usually full of supportive comments from supposed drivers, but it has long been clear that most are actually fake sources, no doubt fraudulently created by the EV lobby.

The real world tells us another side of the story:

Drivers are finding there are plenty of reasons for stalling on electric cars, from broken chargers and rising insurance costs to battery degradation and reduced range in cold weather

The maiden voyage of Guy Stenhouse’s new Jaguar I-Pace in 2019 did not go well. His 145-mile route from Glasgow to Sedbergh in Cumbria was lined with charging points – but most would not charge his car, meaning a trip that should have taken about 2 hours 45 mins took seven hours.

“I stopped at every charging station I could, hooked the car up to the charger only to find it wouldn’t work,” he says.” It meant I was only able to use slow chargers and I could only get about 13 miles of charge each time. I got home at midnight.”

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/04/02/i-sold-my-electric-car-and-went-back-to-a-diesel-id-had-enough/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson