Author Topic: Largescale Solar Farms Proving Vulnerable, Pose Toxic Hazard To The Environment, Soil  (Read 121 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Largescale Solar Farms Proving Vulnerable, Pose Toxic Hazard To The Environment, Soil
By P Gosselin on 31. March 2024

Another solar farm gets wrecked by hailstorm…toxic chemicals now threaten environment
On March 16th, near Needville Texas, thousands of solar panels were destroyed by a powerful hailstorm, causing significant damage to a large 10,000-acre solar farm in the area. It’s tornado season!

The storm brought baseball-sized hail and smashed the solar panels at the Fighting Jays Solar Farm. Though the panels are made of tempered glass, which is designed to shatter safely upon impact, the hail’s size was enough to crack the photovoltaic cells underneath and thus render them useless and possibly environmentally dangerous.

The latest incident once again highlights the vulnerability of solar farms to the weather elements. Last month we reported how in June, 2023, hailstorms in Nebraska destroyed a 14,000-panel 4.375 MW AC solar facility.

https://notrickszone.com/2024/03/31/largescale-solar-farms-proving-vulnerable-pose-toxic-hazard-to-the-environment-soil/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson