Author Topic: Real-World Data Confirms Homeowners Are NOT Facing Higher ‘Climate’ Risks Than Before  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Real-World Data Confirms Homeowners Are NOT Facing Higher ‘Climate’ Risks Than Before
by Linnea Lueken  Apr 2, 2024 in Extreme Weather, News And Opinion

A recent article from The Hill, titled “Homeowners in these U.S. cities face the greatest threat from climate change,” cites a new report from the First Street Foundation claiming homeowners in certain cities face large and increasing climate risk—claiming that more than 44.8 percent of homes face “climate” risk. This story is misleading. [emphasis, links added]

What they are actually reporting is weather risk, not risk related to climate change, because none of the weather conditions discussed in the report are getting worse. Each of the cities discussed has been threatened by the types of extreme weather events cited in the story throughout their histories.

It is important to note that the First Street Foundation is the source of this report. That organization is a climate alarmist group that has been a wellspring of false reports that Climate Realism has repeatedly refuted previously here, here, and here, for example.

Based on the organization’s history of publishing blatantly misleading reports, The Hill should have known better than to uncritically parrot the false claims made in this First Street Foundation report.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/real-world-data-confirms-homeowners-are-not-facing-higher-climate-risks-than-before/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson