Author Topic: UK To Force “Green” Energy on North Sea Oil & Gas Platforms  (Read 125 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UK To Force “Green” Energy on North Sea Oil & Gas Platforms
21 hours ago David Middleton 

Guest “You can’t fix stupid” by David Middleton

H/T “rhs” for this Fox News article:

UK could force oil, gas platform companies to convert rigs to green energy or face shut down: reports
North Sea Transition Authority targets 2030 deadline to design platforms for green energy solution
 By Greg Wehner Fox News

Published March 28, 2024

Oil and gas rigs in United Kingdom waters of the North Sea could be forced to convert over to green energy or low-carbon fuels, or either face closure or getting banned from opening new platforms, in an effort to reduce emissions, according to reports.

The Telegraph reported there are currently over 280 oil and gas platforms in UK waters, which produce about 3% of the total CO2 emitted by the country per year.

The same rigs, though, produce nearly half of the UK’s energy.

[…]

Fox News
Why can’t the media use the words “platforms” and “rigs” correctly?

These are “rigs”:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/02/uk-to-force-green-energy-on-north-sea-oil-gas-platforms/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson