Author Topic: Gold Price  (Read 2093 times)

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Gold Price
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2024, 04:51:23 pm »
The Biden Admin has a talent for dismissing anything they don't like to hear to be transitory boulderdash.

If the Fed raises rates, too much too fast, banks collapse.  The inverted short end of the Yield Curve is evidence of a liquidity crunch.

Green New (Screw) Deal / Global Climate Change (Fraud) is artificially constraining the supply of the most efficient sources of energy, thus, causing energy inflation / reduced energy production efficiencies.

Too few large companies have pricing prower via their oligopolies, dualopolies, monopolies, and anti-competitive business practices.

The Goverment alphabet soup of regulation agencies are regulating efficiencies out of industries, leading to constrained supplies and higher prices.

The US Federal Government is spending trillions with too little GDP growth for the amount being spent.

Housing prices are too high because of Government constraints that prevent building new affordable supply, and, too much supply being owned by investors, and not resident homeowners.

The 1987 crash happened in Reagan's 2nd Term.

The 2000 crash happend in Clinton's 2nd term.

The 2008 crash happened in Bush's 2nd term.

There was no crash during Obama's 2nd term because of the Fed's easy money policies.

If Biden gets a 2nd term, there could be a significant financial reckoning.  Biden Admin will interpret winning a 2nd term as an endorsement of their bad policies and a mandate to further them.

The question is "what will be the best hedges against the next financial calamity"?

Competitive market supply side economics are the only way to fight inflation without crashing the economy -  More of everything, in greater supply, produced with greater efficiencies, in competitive markets, to drive down prices per unit of consumption.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 04:56:05 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2024, 04:57:33 pm »

Green New (Screw) Deal / Global Climate Change (Fraud) is artificially constraining the supply of the most efficient sources of energy, thus, causing energy inflation / reduced energy production efficiencies.

Not discounting anything else you said above @DefiantMassRINO but that alone has the power to destroy the economy.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2024, 05:04:48 pm »
Not discounting anything else you said above @DefiantMassRINO but that alone has the power to destroy the economy.

Trump and the Gold Standard (Updated 2024)

The gold standard hasn’t been used in the US since the 1970s, but when Donald Trump was president from 2017 to 2021 there was some speculation that he could bring it back.

Rumors that the gold standard could be reinstated during Trump’s presidency centered largely on positive comments he made about the idea. Notably, he suggested that it would be “wonderful” to bring back the gold standard, and a number of his advisors were of the same mind — Judy Shelton, John Allison and others supported the concept.

With Trump set to run as a 2024 presidential candidate, some are again wondering if he will return the country to the gold standard. Speaking on his War Room podcast, Steve Bannon, Trump's former chief strategist, said he believes Number 45 could ditch the US Federal Reserve and bring back the gold standard in his second term in office. ................

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/trump-and-the-gold-standard-updated-2024
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2024, 05:10:02 pm »

The gold standard hasn’t been used in the US since the 1970s, but when Donald Trump was president from 2017 to 2021 there was some speculation that he could bring it back.

Rumors that the gold standard could be reinstated during Trump’s presidency centered largely on positive comments he made about the idea. Notably, he suggested that it would be “wonderful” to bring back the gold standard, and a number of his advisors were of the same mind — Judy Shelton, John Allison and others supported the concept.

With Trump set to run as a 2024 presidential candidate, some are again wondering if he will return the country to the gold standard. Speaking on his War Room podcast, Steve Bannon, Trump's former chief strategist, said he believes Number 45 could ditch the US Federal Reserve and bring back the gold standard in his second term in office. ................

That and a free market, all of the above, energy policy would be revolutionary!

It's also why the PTB will never allow it to happen even if they have to resort to murder.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 05:12:08 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2024, 05:13:28 pm »
That and a free market, all of the above, energy policy would be revolutionary!

It's also why the PTB will never allow it to happen even if they have to resort to murder.

Well, you said out loud what I've been thinking. **nononono*

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2024, 05:17:45 pm »
 "Give me control of a nations' money, and I care not who runs the government."

Meyer Rothschild (1743-1812)

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2024, 10:58:20 am »
$2349/0z

Drip...Drip.....Drip...   The pressure is building on the dike.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 11:04:27 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2024, 11:19:55 am »

lol

Trump wants more spending

Running sky high deficits would be hard if we went back to the gold standard
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2024, 11:32:51 am »

lol

Trump wants more spending

Running sky high deficits would be hard if we went back to the gold standard

And add the fact, that in the heiarchy of budgetary dispersion pecking order, that debt payment becomes first.  So as the debt balloons, an incrementally larger percentage goes toward our debtors.  Meaning less toward everything else, including defense.

Our criminally inept, and corrupt government has painted us into a corner.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 11:33:55 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2024, 01:27:45 pm »
And add the fact, that in the heiarchy of budgetary dispersion pecking order, that debt payment becomes first.  So as the debt balloons, an incrementally larger percentage goes toward our debtors.  Meaning less toward everything else, including defense.

Our criminally inept, and corrupt government has painted us into a corner.

What needs to start happening is similar to what’s happening in Argentina

It seems like some of us are just picking on Trump only for the problem, but he’s just one part of the equation.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2024, 10:19:55 pm »
Why gold prices are at record highs

From central banks to Costco customers, it seems everyone is buying gold these days.

The price of spot gold reached $2,364 per ounce Tuesday after hitting record highs for seven straight sessions and trading at $2,336 per ounce Monday. Year on year, gold is up 16.5%.

Investors who expect the Federal Reserve to cut its benchmark interest rate are the main force driving up prices, but the surge is boosted by other factors, including central banks — led by China — buying up gold to ease reliance on US dollars.

Central banks see gold as a long-term store of value and a safe haven during times of economic and international turmoil.

Gold is considered a resilient investment. When interest rates fall, gold prices tend to rise, as bullion becomes more appealing than income-paying assets like bonds. Investors also regard gold as a hedge against inflation, betting bullion will retain its value when prices rise.

The People’s Bank of China bought gold for the 17th straight month in March, adding 160,000 ounces to bring reserves to 72.74 million troy ounces of gold, according to Reuters.

Central banks may want to “diversify away” from US dollars and buy gold amid geopolitical uncertainty, according to an April 9 UBS research note. As China builds its reserves, demand is pushing up prices already boosted by usual investors.

Chinese investors are looking to gold as an alternative asset amid downturns in property valuations and equity prices in past years, according to an April 9 Capital Economics research note.

Other central banks, including India and Turkey, are also increasing their gold reserves. India’s GDP growth is driving those purchases, according to UBS.

Central banks demanding gold is a sign of waning reliance on the dollar, according to Ulf Lindahl, CEO at Currency Research Associates..............

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/09/economy/gold-prices-record-highs/index.html

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2024, 04:02:42 am »
Not unexpected. It's always been a matter of when and not if.
Silver hit 28....Where are Bunker and Lamar? Silver I have, gold not so much.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis